Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Sword_of_Spirit

Old January 15th, 2016, 01:54 PM
From what I can tell, there is supposed to be a way to get it to auto-accept/apply a tag to a topic when you type it (at least, that is what the documentation implies). But I can't figure out how to make it work.

Actual Example:
In a topic with the Race snippet, I'd like to be able to type in an ethnicity in the text field after selecting the race from the tag list. I want the software to recognize the tag is there, and apply it to the snippet.

I first created a new tag domain "Ethnicity." I then created a few sample tags within it. The domain and the tags within it are "Shown." I checked the auto-accept box, and set priority to Normal (I tried Prefer too, but it made no difference.)

I then created a new topic. I type in a name of an ethnicity I created as a tag, "Dimernesti" (I tried the others I put in also). All I get is text. The tag section over on the right has other tags, but it does not have this tagged. No prompt, nor auto-accept.

I even added a snippet with that tag domain into the exact section of the exact category that I am making topics in, and then tried typing the text in a new topic created from that category. Nothing.

I saw that there is a global "Auto-Accept" option, but that seems to be related to link text, not tags, and it doesn't look like it functions like the info bubble says that tag auto-accept option is supposed to. I'm assuming it is something else entirely, but I turned it on just in case (works on links).

So what am I doing wrong?
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 15th, 2016, 03:13 PM
In the Tag Domain, on the tools menu, did you select "Enable Tag Detection (all tags Normal priority)" ?

If I recall from the announcement of the feature, auto-detection is off by default.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old January 15th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Yes, I did. I can't seem to find any more settings to turn tag auto-accept anymore on than I've already turned it on, lol.

Is this a feature that isn't yet implemented perhaps?
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 15th, 2016, 08:18 PM
It is a new feature.. added in the one of the last few builds.. so it may not be working as expected. You may want to submit a bug report for it if you have "dotted all the 'i's and crossed all the 't's."
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old January 15th, 2016, 08:52 PM
That makes sense. The only way I can get it to recognize the tags is through "Clear snippet tags and rescan" on the individual snippet, so something doesn't seem to be working yet.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #5 Reply With Quote