Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Dreamfish

Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hi,

I keep getting "duplicate record encountered" when trying to load my data files with AB3.2. I ensured that the mentioned records are unique throughout all data files. When reordering the records directly in the xml data files causes sometimes to solve the problem. It seems to happen mostly with calc stat and/or rule records. When adding new data files with new calc stat or rule records previously manually reordered records appear to cause duplicate record errors again.

Is this a known problem? What can there be done to debug the source of the errors?

Regardss,

Dreamfish
Dreamfish is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dreamfish

Old December 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I solved the duplicate error problem by giving all calc stat records a different name. They all had the same name but with a unique id. Giving two or more records the same name is allowed in AB but is probably giving the above problems when more than x records have same name? Could it be a bug?
Dreamfish is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM
In almost all cases, giving records the same name is allowed. However, I believe there is one (maybe two) exceptions to this, and I think one of them might well be statcalcs; although statcalcs have a unique id (so you can reference them with scripts), Army Builder still does a lot of things with them by name internally. So having multiple statcalcs with the same name will cause problems, and so isn't allowed.

It's not a bug, but it does seem undesirable. I'll add it to our to-do list to take a look at at some point.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote