Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stuartwaring

Old April 6th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Hi there,

As a group we are looking at making animal companions mythic for various reasons (not here for a rules discussion on this!).

The seemingly best way to do this is to use ShadowChemosh's Mythic Simple Template .user file, and giving the creatures this template, allowing them to add mythic abilities etc.

Whilst it is a wonderful bit of code, it allows you to add any of the mythic abilities, including those designed for specific creatures (eg: Absolute Readiness which is for an Argus).

I want to restrict some of these abilities, so had the idea of using the Editor to add a Race based prerequisite. All these abilities are under Racial Special, and so i found Absolute Readiness. Unfortunately i got the Non-Copyable / editable error. In order to restrict it i have had to manually create a new one, with the prerequisite, and have it replace the original ability.

Firstly (mostly to Lone Wolf Staff): is this legal? I have no plans to distribute this modified .user file (save to one person who also has the Mythic Adventures license)

Second: I am going to guess that all of the other abilities will be locked similarly (they are mostly bootstrapped directly to creatures of course, so dont require this restriction in the normal cause of events), and if it is legal to do so, i could indeed recreate them all 1 by 1 with the appropriate limitations. This however will be extremely boring and time consuming, so, is there a better way of applying different limitations to these abilities?

Thanks
stuartwaring is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 12th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
Firstly (mostly to Lone Wolf Staff): is this legal? I have no plans to distribute this modified .user file (save to one person who also has the Mythic Adventures license)
Within in reason yes. LW specifically made it a bit time consuming to copy/duplicate Things from the different books. If they had not then using the editor you could do a "New Copy" and recreate say the Bestiary book or APG pretty quickly and easily distribute the data as .user files. That is not fair to LW but at the same time not being able to see Things in the editor that you paid for is not fair to the end-consumer. So its a middle ground that you could see Things one at a time if you want scripts or ideas.

Also if you do duplicate all these Things and only the few gamers in your group or yourself use them its not an issue. It would be wrong if all these Duplicated Things got distributed everywhere that it would be bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
Second: I am going to guess that all of the other abilities will be locked similarly (they are mostly bootstrapped directly to creatures of course, so dont require this restriction in the normal cause of events), and if it is legal to do so, i could indeed recreate them all 1 by 1 with the appropriate limitations. This however will be extremely boring and time consuming, so, is there a better way of applying different limitations to these abilities?
Unfortunately not really a better way. The pre-req logic exists on each individual Thing and without make a new version or doing a "Replace Thing ID" you can't change it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old April 14th, 2015, 12:38 AM
<sighs>

Thanks for the info.

I completely understand why LW do it, but it is extremely frustrating in this case.

Thanks for the help anyway
stuartwaring is offline   #3 Reply With Quote