Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:38 PM
So I was planning on getting it anyway (Though for some odd reason I thought I already got the from a kickstarter though looks like I was wrong), but to use my Rappan Athuk files I need to buy this?
Dragnmoon is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
So I was planning on getting it anyway (Though for some odd reason I thought I already got the from a kickstarter though looks like I was wrong), but to use my Rappan Athuk files I need to buy this?
You will not be required to buy ToHC to use the RA files. This is part of the known issue that is being worked on to resolve. Skeeter, myself or one of the the other Deep Cave Frogs will have more information on the resolution to this tomorrow.
Umarian is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 1st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Just wanted to give everyone an update on this.

What happened was that the file with the sources that were sent to LW for incorporation into the new ToHC release was the same file that was included in the RA files that people received.

This is doing two things.

1. The source ID's that were sent to LW were incorporated into HL itself, and so adding the source file from the RA download is giving you those duplicate thing errors. Removing the source file from RA will let you load HL properly.

2. Because the source name for RA was included in the ToHC release, that source name was tied to the ToHC license. This is why if you do remove the source file above and get it to start normally, you are not able to access RA unless you buy ToHC.

The Deep Cave Frogs have let LW know about this, and LW will be removing the RA source from the ToHC license as soon as they can. Once they remove the RA source from the ToHC license, myself or one of the other Deep Cave Frogs will post a new source file for RA on here for you to use. (You will have to have already purchased the RA dataset to use it as it will be the source file only and not the content.)

As of right now though, if you remove the source file from the RA dataset (FrogGodGames_Sources.1st) and you have the license for ToHC you can access everything at this time. As mentioned before, once LW removes the RA source from the ToHC license, you will not be required to purchase ToHC to use RA.
Umarian is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
The good news: ToHC package, Pathfinder general, and RA files are all working nicely together in HeroLab .. no crashes, missing files, etc.

The bad news: It appears there's an error in the *content* of the ToHC package.. a template is not working as expected. Where is the best place to report that? As a bug in the bug report mechanism here, or to Frog God (somehow) ?
Silveras is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The bad news: It appears there's an error in the *content* of the ToHC package.. a template is not working as expected. Where is the best place to report that? As a bug in the bug report mechanism here, or to Frog God (somehow) ?
Good question Silveras. I don't have the exact answer for this yet, but I am working to get the answer. Which template are you referring to?
Umarian is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
Good question Silveras. I don't have the exact answer for this yet, but I am working to get the answer. Which template are you referring to?
This is about the Undead Lord.

The specific case is entering a creature from the Rise of the Runelords, the Headless Lord: Undead Lord Fast Zombie Ogre Fighter 6

The problem I see is that, while there is a script in the template to restore the Int score and more, it does not seem to be working. The Int, Wis, and Cha scores are locked (at non-ability, 10, and 10), and feats added are not recognized as valid (Weapon Specialization does not recognize the matching Weapon Focus that *is* present, for example, and shows the "Weapon Focus required" warning message). Also, all of the Undead Lord's "Special" entries are disabled with the message "Requirements not met".
Silveras is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
This is about the Undead Lord.
I will look into this one. Since I only got involved with this file at the end, I don't know all the details right off so not sure what it is doing.

Umarian
Deep Cave Frog
Umarian is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
I will look into this one. Since I only got involved with this file at the end, I don't know all the details right off so not sure what it is doing.

Umarian
Deep Cave Frog
Thanks.. in the meantime, any word on how or where issues should be reported?
Silveras is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Thanks.. in the meantime, any word on how or where issues should be reported?
Please see this post Bug Reporting for Frog God Games for information on posting errors with FGG files.

Umarian
Deep Cave Frogs
Umarian is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Please see this post Bug Reporting for Frog God Games for information on posting errors with FGG files.

Umarian
Deep Cave Frogs
Thanks. I have entered my issue there.
Silveras is offline   #80 Reply With Quote