Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I had a great time at Gencon and in meeting the Lone Wolf people. The only one I ever remembered talking to on these forums was Liz and it's great to report that she is a beautiful and charming young woman. Though I am sorry to report that her presence at Gencon was out-shined by a gaming icon, Margaret Weis. Of whom I did purchase the Firefly RPG from and was signed by Ms. Weis herself.

In the demo I watched I was able to get a run down of the upcoming calendar feature and it does look awesome. It is capable of integrating multiple calendars where the user can cross reference dates. I also attended the tips and tricks seminar and that was very interesting. I learned about the keyboard shortcuts that I didn't realize were so helpful. I'm pretty sure there was a little more that I missed but I had to leave 5 mins before the end to run across town to the Marriott to get to one of my other very important events. All in all I had a great time at my first Gencon and Lone Wolf only added to all the incredible things I experienced.

I am looking forward to purchasing the Hero Lab Authoring kit after I recover from my Gencon expenditures but I had a question about the contest you had running there. I was wondering who exactly won the prize package Lone Wolf Development was giving away if you have even had the drawing yet?

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Bruce, thanks for the compliment! We all had a blast meeting some of the forum users, and showing off our various products.

To answer your question, I just posted the list of winners here. I'll also be reaching out to the winners today.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:21 AM
did anyone think videotape the tips and tricks seminar?
Dervish is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:26 AM
We attempted to record ALL of the seminars. We have not yet had time to review the results and confirm whether everything went smoothly or not.

Please give us some time to get caught up from the whirlwind of GenCon. Then we'll review what we've got and post everything that was successfully captured.

The Tips & Tricks seminar was simply a cherry-picked sampling from the Tips & Tricks Guide that's included with the documentation. So you can also start there.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:44 AM
To echo what Rob said, I'm going to need to make sure all the recordings worked, then edit them, and then post them. My goal is to get them up in the next week, but it may push into the following week. Some of our seminars were 2 hours, so with 7 total seminars, that's a lot of time to listen/edit for each one. I'll let everyone know when they're available.
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Very cool. Thank you!
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I was all preregistered and set for vacation, but wasn't able to make it due to an illness. :-( (Not me. Someone under my care.)
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 20th, 2014, 11:21 AM
So, is there any official news on Numenera for Hero Lab? Someone suggested there might have been some smokey, backroom talk at GenCon.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CubGeek

Old August 20th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I didn't actually interact with any of the LoneWolf folks... This was my first GenCon, and I was more than just a little overwhelmed, so I tended to avoid looking the vendors in the eyes outta nervousness.

I did, however, hover over someone's shoulder and eavesdrop while one of the LW folks was giving a demo of Realm Works to a Con attendee.

And, then thought about it, and thought about it and thought abou.... well, I ended up buying both Hero Lab and Realm Works the next morning after I got home from the convention.
CubGeek is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
So, is there any official news on Numenera for Hero Lab? Someone suggested there might have been some smokey, backroom talk at GenCon.
Nothing official to announce yet. The conversation was in the middle of the MCG booth, and I didn't see any smoke, so I think someone embellished for effect.

Overall, I think the conversation went extremely well. They seemed very positive, and there definitely appears to be a strong desire to work together. However, we still need to sort out a variety of details before anything can become official. That process always takes time, so I don't expect anything concrete for at least a couple months.

As Liz indicated in another thread, we'll absolutely be announcing new licenses as soon as there is something official in place. This applies to MCG or anyone else.

If anyone wants to see licenses put into place for their favorite games, the best thing to do is let the publisher know that (a) you want to see it happen and (b) you'd buy the licensed product if it were available. If publishers know their fans want something, that gives the publishers confidence that they are investing their precious time wisely and they are generally inclined to make it happen.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote