Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Dark Sun v.2.1 is here! The data in these files is converted to Pathfinder from the free pdfs for Dark Sun from D&D 3.5

I have begun adding the Athasian Emporium and Terrors of Athas to the data files as I have time. These files are provided as-is for your use. As I do not currently have a repository set up for these files, I am distributing them via email. PM me on here with your email if you'd like to get the newest version of the data files.

Upcoming Release - Dark Sun v.2.2

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 18th, 2014 at 10:11 AM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 5th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Required data packages: Dark Sun requires the following data file packages.
  • Pathfinder CORE package
  • Pathfinder Ultimate Combat: Piecemeal Armor & Inferior Materials rules required for Dark Sun campaigns.

If you do not possess these data packages, Hero Lab will throw errors upon initial installation. I am still in the process of getting the Psionic elements and feats in this setting working. These elements will work correctly once I have had time to fix them.

Update Plans The following list outlines the current plans for future releases.
  • Dark Sun: House Rules this book was only recently brought to my attention, classes and races will be updated to comply with this 3.5 to Pathfinder conversion as time permits. It may take a while before I get all of the options in this book finished.
  • Dark Sun: Preclusion Fixes some of you are getting preclusion error messages upon starting hero lab forcing it into "safe mode" because you do not own the data packages for Ultimate Magic or the Advanced Player's Guide. I will be moving the preclusions from these books into a separate .user file that you can delete upon downloading the update if you don't possess the extra data packages. In addition, I will be sourcing these options to an alternate source option so you can just unclick them on the config screen (I need to test this to see if it works).

In regards to Preclusions: Many race options do not exist in the Dark Sun setting. These races have been eliminated during the cleansing wars and are now extinct in the setting. These races will eventually be added to list of preclusions, meaning that their sources will also be added to the required list of items.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; April 4th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 10th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Combat is a required data package due to the inclusion of piecemeal armor rules and inferior weapon materials that the book provides. It would be a great deal of work to put these items into the data by hand (it's a supplemental package item, I can't just copy and save them, or modify them easily). I have no intention of changing this requirement because these rules are not optional in Athasian campaigns, but required.

Last edited by RavenX; March 10th, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 18th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Release Notes - Dark Sun v.2.1
  • Gladiator class - updated to conform with the Athas.org pathfinder conversion data.
  • Psionic Aptitude all races - updated races to include choice of +1 psionic power point per level as a favored class option.
  • Dwarf race converted to conform to Athas.org pathfinder conversion data.
  • Extraneous Sources file - added a blank file to overwrite the old sources file that caused update conflicts with older versions of the data.

RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 4th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Precluded Class Errors: If you do not have the required data packages (And are just using a core license), you should not install this data. However, if you insist on using the data, you will get a list of error messages upon installation regarding precluded classes. You can fix this by going into the Editor (Tools menu --> Show Editor) and opening the Dark Sun Campaign Setting.user file found there. Under the General Tab, go to Preclude and look for the items on the error list you've got and remove them manually. Then exit and reload Hero Lab. Make a note on how you did this because until you get the additional data packages, you will have to fix the error list manually every time there is an update.

The precluded classes are not allowed in Dark Sun campaigns and are expressly prohibited by the rules. This is why they have been precluded.

Update: To make the data more user friendly, I will be including a fix for the preclusion errors in the 2.2 data release. Unfortunately for the time being those of you experiencing the errors for packages you do not have will have to manually remove the preclusions. I have a plan for dealing with this, but I will not be making a new update just to implement these changes immediately. I don't have time for it. Whenever I get the next data release prepared, I will take time to fix this.

Last edited by RavenX; April 4th, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 4th, 2014, 01:46 PM
RavenX, can you put these precludes into a separate .hl file? That way, those users who own these packages can download and install the additional file, and those who only own the core rulebook and ultimate combat can make use of what you've created.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 4th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
RavenX, can you put these precludes into a separate .hl file? That way, those users who own these packages can download and install the additional file, and those who only own the core rulebook and ultimate combat can make use of what you've created.
Mathias,

I can do that for the APG and Ult. Magic. They will still need the Ultimate Combat package however. The inferior materials and piecemeal armor rules are not optional in the Dark Sun Campaign Setting.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grummore

Old April 5th, 2019, 05:25 AM
Hi,

I cannot seem to find any link or package for the Darksun HL material.

Thanks.
Grummore is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 5th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummore View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
Read Raven's sig - most files he personally created are NOT available to the Community. I think the Dark Sun stuff would be the same.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 6th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummore View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
You will need to locate TobyFox on these servers as he is now the custodian of the Pathfinder conversion files. I no longer have anything to do with them as I've moved on from Pathfinder to 5e. And while I have converted much material for Dark Sun 5e (and even run a Twitch campaign for Gladiators in Athas), that material is not in Hero Lab as of yet. Maybe some day it will be but today is not that day. I just don't have the time, energy, or desire to work on these files right now.

RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote