Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Roadie

Old March 27th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I've done some experimenting with this, and it looks like the monster class functionality doesn't really work properly in PF. In particular, it adds a blank tab on the character, and nothing I've experimented with (ClSpecWhen on various things, etc) makes anything show up the same way as a normal classes' tab.

Does anyone know any workarounds or undocumented functionality that lets monster classes work the same as other classes in PF?
Roadie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I tried to use the Monster Class logic about 5 years ago to do the Mythic Playtest and never got it to work right. I eventually went with standard classes that tried to remove the levels added from the Hero. It "worked" but it was not pretty at all and don't recommend it.

Unless LW has an answer here you maybe looking at building brand new components and UI tabs. Which means learning the authoring kit.

Nothing else is currently coming to mind to accomplish this idea of "Monster Classes". Especially if the Monster Leveling process is not suppose to actually give Class Levels.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old March 27th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Nothing else is currently coming to mind to accomplish this idea of "Monster Classes". Especially if the Monster Leveling process is not suppose to actually give Class Levels.
In this case it's me thinking about DSP stuff still, so it's effectively 99% identical to Savage Species for 3.5. It just needs to show up in the UI properly for PF, which it doesn't.

Even more tantalizingly, it seems to work for everything except the tab UI - for example, making a monster class with abilities at whichever level of progression seems to add them fine to the final Specials output based on the current level of it, just not to a level-by-level display anywhere.

The most practical thing here at the moment might be to figure out some way to hide the tab that a Monster Class adds in the UI (if that's even possible), then run everything off a Configurable that bootstraps class specials based on levels. That'd still be missing the display of BAB, saves, and (for the ones that give spellcasting rather than SLAs) spellcasting, though.

Last edited by Roadie; March 27th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.
Roadie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote