Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Roadie

Old January 5th, 2017, 08:42 PM
I want to try putting together some of Dreamscarred's Monster Classes in Hero Lab, but I can't figure out how to implement one particular rule: every monster class character must take their first level in the monster class (but can pick whatever they want after that, whether it's progressing in that class or switching to something else).

Rather than do this as a flagged error if not taken, I'm curious if there's a way to make it so that choosing a given race always adds one level of a given class, but only one level instead of the full set.
Roadie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Have you tried the "Class, Monster" tab? I'm pretty sure the rule you're describing was a standard thing in 3.5's monster class rules, and it sounds like this 3pp material is just using the 3.5 rules. So test it - I think Hero Lab will already enforce that rule.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 6th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Have you tried the "Class, Monster" tab? I'm pretty sure the rule you're describing was a standard thing in 3.5's monster class rules, and it sounds like this 3pp material is just using the 3.5 rules. So test it - I think Hero Lab will already enforce that rule.
That would be super handy... if I had some way to stop it from applying the "Can't gain levels until you finish leveling up your Monster Class" rule. While basically similar to Savage Species in most ways, the DSP stuff specifically allows multiclassing any time after 1st level.

Edit: To add to that, it doesn't look like the Monster Class functionality plays nice with the level progression displays for PF, despite it being included - the "Race" tab just shows up as a blank box, and the ClSpecWhen tag from class helpers doesn't work.

Last edited by Roadie; January 6th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Roadie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote