Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Angela2013

Old September 27th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I am getting the following errors whenever I chose a deity. Not sure if the are Lone Wolf's or Community.

thing 'cdRCCreati' in idlist for thing 'deiFGDamba' does not exist
- - -
thing 'cdFRHatred' in idlist for thing 'deiBahgtru' does not exist
- - -
thing 'cdRCVengea' in idlist for thing 'deiFGBowbe' does not exist

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM
cdRCxxx means Cleric Domain from Razor Coast. deiFGxxx means a deity from Frog God games, the publishers of Razor Coast. So that should account for 2 of them.

cdFRHatred and deoBahgtru seem like Forgotten Realms user content.. Bahgtru is a Forgotten Realms god of Orcs, and Hatred would fit as a domain for him.

I have my Forgotten Realms and Frog God (Lost Lands setting) content in separate Game System folders... both of those experience the errors you've mentioned (and others).

I wonder if something changed in the last update? It seems like a change in the Pathfinder core content would be needed to cause these errors, since the Razor Coast files have not been updated recently, and I have not updated my FR files for some time.

In any case, the FR material is managed by TobyFox now, and he has a thread for error reporting.

Frog God Games had a thread here for reporting bugs to them.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 28th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I've got the Razor Coast files, along with pretty much all of the available FGG files, but don't have the user made Forgotten Realms files.

I'm not getting any kind of an error related to choosing a deity.

I do have all of the Paizo/Hero Lab stuff, if that helps for diagnosing what would cause this.
I'm not sure which products modify deities, to give those errors.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2016, 04:06 PM
A first note - this issue should only exist for those who have "Enable Data File Debugging" turned on in the Develop menu - this is a debugging message.

This is the bug fix that leads to all this (from the 13.2 release):
  • When filtering the deity list by a keyword, the lines for domains/subdomains/inquisitions were not being checked by the filter.
So, before that update, if there was a mistake in the Ids of the domains a deity offered, it would just list that domain as the text of the Id, so if you loaded these deities in 13.1, you'd see "cdRCCreati" instead of the real name of that domain (whatever it is) among the domain list for whichever deity that first one is.

Now, there's more tests involved in building the list of domains (which is why, for example, deities no longer list "Artifice, Artifice (w/Annointing)" among their domain lists). But, because of those additional tests, an error in the Id of a domain in the deity's list is no longer just skipped by outputting the Id of the offending tag - now, a mistake means that you can't do the proper searching and testing, so an error message is reported to those who want to see the debugging messages.

So, when fixing these, take a look at those deities, wherever they're from (I checked, and they're not things we've created), and look at the Ids of the domain tags - make sure they're correct, and make sure they're pointing at domains that exist. For example, a bug I fixed earlier today involved a domain named "thorns", with the Id "cdThorns", but which had been entered as AllowDom.cdThorn on several deities, and so it was generating this sort of error on some of our own deities.

Last edited by Mathias; September 28th, 2016 at 04:09 PM.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote