Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

direinsomniac

Old May 5th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I am working to add in a number of Settlement Options, but running into a couple of issues.

Issue 1: Some of these new options are restricted to settlements of only certain alignments. Is there a way to code this via a "Expr-Reqs' or the 'Pre-reqs'?

Issue 2: Several of these options specifically state that the increase to the Spellcastering Services only applying to a particular things, like a school of magic (like Conjuratation), a type of magic (planar magics), or only Divine magics.

Is there a way to code this? Or a ay to make a conditional/situational reminder statement that shows up somewhere to remind the user of this modifier.

Issue 3: Similar to issue 2, there are some of these settlement options that the bonus to Base Value or Purchase Limit apply only for a certain type of goods (i.e. mounts and associated gear)
direinsomniac is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 9th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Sure, let me take a look.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 9th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Issue 1: My fellows and I disagree on how to interpret what you're asking for here. As things currently stand, settlements default to having the same alignment as that selected by the kingdom (since those are the only alignments which matter for the things HL calculates). Are you asking how to check the alignment of the kingdom in an expr-req? If not, could you clarify a bit about what you want to accomplish here?

Issue 2: No

Issue 3: No

For issues 2 and 3, I could possibly add some extra fields to accomodate your needs, but it'd have to be a side project on my own time. While I am swamped with spellbook stuff I'm not picking up any more, but perhaps after that.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
direinsomniac

Old May 9th, 2016, 01:35 PM
In regards to issue 1, yes. I am looking for a way to check the alignment of kingdom/settlement in a expr-req.

In regards to the other issues, i realize the specialized text I am working with is kinda strange. For now I can jut add a note in the HL entry that the GM would have to manually track the discounts and differences for the variations in the spell types and schools.

If that could be done down the line, it would be appreciated, but there is no rush on it, as this is for a pack I will be coding into the 3PP Pathfinder Packs.
direinsomniac is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2016, 01:39 PM
In Ultimate Campaign, there are no rules for settlements having individual alignments - the effects of alignment on settlements are based on the kingdom's alignment, and there's no tracking of the alignment of each settlement. Does your set of rules need those alignments to be tracked separately, or are these just buildings that can only be added to the settlements in a good-aligned kingdom, or a non-evil kingdom, and other things like that?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote