Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RampagingHoardes

Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:31 AM
I saw in the release notes that their should be some additions to Groups, Family being one of them. I am not seeing these. I have looked in World & Story Alamanacs and they are not showing in the Groups section. Am I mistaken in what that addition was for?

This is from the release notes:

There is now a “Group: Ethnic” category that can be used for groups who are from a particular region, speak a particular language, etc.
There is now a “Group: Family” category that can be used for powerful and influential families, which play a significant role in numerous campaigns.

Also is their anyway to change a topic type? It is a royal pain if you want to restructure how you did something. Hopefully this is already in and I have missed it.

IF there is no way to change the topic can this be added please as it would be a huge time saver?
RampagingHoardes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
On the tools menu (the hammer-and-wrench button) for the topic, while it is not in edit mode, you can change it to a different category. I don't have RealmWorks in front of me at the moment, but I think it is under the "Topic Category" section.

The more different the category you change to, the more cleanup you're likely to have to do afterward.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
If you have successfully upgraded to the latest release, the new categories should be available. When you add a new group, the two new groups should appear in the list of choices. If you're not seeing this, please verify that you are indeed running the latest version. Go to the Help ribbon and select Product Info. The version should be 1.0.1001.157. If you are running the latest version, please file a bug report so the dev team can help sort this out.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
If you have successfully upgraded to the latest release, the new categories should be available. When you add a new group, the two new groups should appear in the list of choices. If you're not seeing this, please verify that you are indeed running the latest version. Go to the Help ribbon and select Product Info. The version should be 1.0.1001.157. If you are running the latest version, please file a bug report so the dev team can help sort this out.
I guess I am bugged I checked the version and it is .157

I can only see the following group categories:
commerce
criminal
government
military
other
religious

thx for the help guys!
RampagingHoardes is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:30 PM
Oh, wait! Have you logged into the server yet? You also need to do that to get all the globally shared structure pulled down to your machine.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
I thought i did but I will try it and see.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 22nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
That was it . I will let support know that you helped figure it out.

Many thanks for the quick responses as always
RampagingHoardes is offline   #7 Reply With Quote