Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old July 12th, 2021, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
I host my instance on my own server, but if the importer module is available for Forge installs, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work just fine.
I don't know anything about Forge, other than they have made changes in some way that mean it isn't a standard Foundry VTT installation. My module is available directly from within normal Foundry VTT from the module listing, I just don't know of Forge uses that function.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old July 12th, 2021, 11:00 PM
My Knowledge of Forge is spotty as best as I haven't used it myself, but from what I gather, they only allow a subset of modules on their servers. So my guess would be: if a user can select a module while on a forge instance, the module will work fine.

But maybe that's a question better asked on https://www.foundryvtt-hub.com/

Find my stuff on

_|_ F i c t i o n a l m a p s . c o m _|_ D r i v e t h r u R P G _|_
Merion is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 14th, 2021, 11:48 AM
A question for users of this module...

Which game systems are you using for which you'd like your statblocks imported to your Actors?

At this stage I'm not proposing full decoding, simply the ability to have Actors created and the statblock from RW imported into a notes/bio/description field on the corresponding Actor sheet.

I've got this working for a lot of game systems, but I can easily add additional game systems - I just need to know which of the 50+ available game systems I should actually do this work for.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 16th, 2021, 02:50 AM
I just got a chance to try it out, and have some thoughts.

First thought is it's really cool. I was surprised how nice it came out looking.

Additional thoughts are suggestions for tweaks.
-Is there anyway to make an option for un-revealed snippets to be hidden/secret by default? I know that's being used for GM secret notes, but really, unrevealed snippets are essentially secret and it probably wouldn't hurt anything to use that functionality for them both. Or an option at least would be great for me, since I extensively use the revealed/unrevealed Realm Works feature to let me know what information the party knows.
-I can't seem to find links from the scene note associated journal entries (that was a cool thing to do, by the way!) back to the scene. It would be great to be able to see a link to the scene from the journal, so they are connected in both directions.
-This probably isn't under your control, but in case I'm wrong, I noticed that the alphabetical sorting doesn't work right for numbers--it's going by the first digit so 100 is before 2 in long lists of journal entries.

Those are the things that I ran into pretty quickly as features that would improve the experience for me.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 16th, 2021, 02:51 AM
I just got a chance to try it out, and have some thoughts.

First thought is it's really cool. I was surprised how nice it came out looking.

Additional thoughts are suggestions for tweaks.
-Is there any way to make an option for un-revealed snippets to be hidden/secret by default? I know that's being used for GM secret notes, but really, unrevealed snippets are essentially secret and it probably wouldn't hurt anything to use that functionality for them both. Or an option at least would be great for me, since I extensively use the revealed/unrevealed Realm Works feature to let me know what information the party knows.
-I can't seem to find links from the scene note associated journal entries (that was a cool thing to do, by the way!) back to the scene. It would be great to be able to see a link to the scene from the journal, so they are connected in both directions.
-This probably isn't under your control, but in case I'm wrong, I noticed that the alphabetical sorting doesn't work right for numbers--it's going by the first digit so 100 is before 2 in long lists of journal entries.

Those are the things that stood out to me as options/features that would improve the experience for me.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old July 16th, 2021, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
Not looking at the code but I would guess this is happening because its not really seeing those as numbers but as text so it makes sense. Probably won't be anything that can be done.
The_Traveller is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 16th, 2021, 10:15 AM
The only way I've ever found to work around this is to add placeholder zeros (e.g. "2" is numbered "002"). Don't know if that would work here or not.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old July 16th, 2021, 11:31 AM
That would probably work I know I've used that in other places that i've had numbers stored as text.
The_Traveller is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 16th, 2021, 04:06 PM
The RWoutput file doesn't include information about which snippets are revealed or hidden. The only way to get this information from RW would be to have RW produce a filtered output rather than a full output.

I've added an issue to remind me about putting links from the Journal Entry to the Scene (since the other way already exists). I think that the scene is always given the same name as the journal entry.

The alphabetical sorting is definitely an issue with Foundry VTT - for my own worlds I've switched off automatic sorting and rearranged them manually. I think this could be an option, possibly, to put topics in the same order as they appear in the RWoutput file. I will see if disabling the auto-sort puts them in the RWoutput order.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 16th, 2021 at 04:09 PM.
Farling is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 19th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The RWoutput file doesn't include information about which snippets are revealed or hidden. The only way to get this information from RW would be to have RW produce a filtered output rather than a full output.

I've added an issue to remind me about putting links from the Journal Entry to the Scene (since the other way already exists). I think that the scene is always given the same name as the journal entry.

The alphabetical sorting is definitely an issue with Foundry VTT - for my own worlds I've switched off automatic sorting and rearranged them manually. I think this could be an option, possibly, to put topics in the same order as they appear in the RWoutput file. I will see if disabling the auto-sort puts them in the RWoutput order.
Thanks!
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #60 Reply With Quote