Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ultraczar

Old August 6th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Hello! When attempting to slot sentinel dedication to get my warpriest to heavy armor training, I found that not only does it do nothing for him, but it also does not display any further archetype feats. It does correctly prevent further dedications from being taken, but that's about it.

Anyone else encountering the same issue?
ultraczar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2020, 08:20 AM
Hey Ultra,

If you could help us out by emailing a bug report via the Bug Report feature or just writing to <support@wolflair.com> I'd like to get my hands on what you see, add any and all context and screenshots if possible so we can get this investigated.
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chaosbleeds

Old August 10th, 2020, 04:52 AM
I'm having the very same issue. Taking the feat adds the "heavy armor proficiency" to the character summary, but when any heavy armor is added to the character it, Herolab Online treats the armor as "untrained" for that character.
Chaosbleeds is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ronlugge

Old August 10th, 2020, 01:00 PM
I was actually writing a bug report very similar to this issue when HLO went offline and kicked me out of the bug reporting screen. And unfortunately, the issue is complicated enough that that means I just lost a fairly long email

Short version: Sentinel, by RAW, bases itself off your armor proficiencies when you take the dedication. The HLO version appears to only base it off your class. This creates an order of operations problem (or the OP's bug).

Longer version:

Take a generic rogue. Give him sentinel at 2. It "sees" his light armor proficiency, and gives him medium armor proficiency that will track it. If he takes armor proficiency at 3, he gets heavy armor at trained, and it doesn't progress.

Now reverse the order: give him armor proficiency at 1 via the human feat general training (or move sentinel up to level 4): his light armor progresses normally, medium armor stays at trained, and the sentinel granted by heavy armor will track his light armor proficiency.

You can also duplicate this with unarmored classes such as bard, wizard, or (cloistered) cleric, by taking armor proficiency twice.
ronlugge is offline   #4 Reply With Quote