Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SerifOfLies

Old April 16th, 2020, 05:30 PM
I have been using Hero Lab for a few years now, and something that has always annoyed me is the (apparent) lack of support for searching multiple strings in any of the pop-up menus. I just never thought to check and see if that was something that can be done (using some syntax of which I am unaware), or if I just have to continue to deal with only searching for the one literal string of characters. Is there any way to search for two different keywords at the same time?

Some clarification if my question is unclear. I know that the search can list feats by category if you want it to do so (Category: Combat), but I want to know if there is some way to filter the results by more that just that.
For instance, if I wanted to find all combat feats that also have the word "spell" somewhere in the description, or necromancy spells that deal ability damage.

If there is some way to do this, great! If not, I think it would be a very useful feature to add, and probably not terribly difficult (albeit beyond my knowledge). I couldn't find anything on the forum that seems to discuss the same topic, so hopefully I am alright in making this one.
SerifOfLies is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2020, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think this was a thing that could be implemented, if I recall correctly it was due to some issue with the engine. Vague memories of wondering the same during my early days. I wound up getting creative with using strings that paizo commonly uses for their wordings lol, but yeah, not quite an ideal situation.

Last edited by Daniel V; April 16th, 2020 at 08:12 PM.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SerifOfLies

Old April 18th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Well that is a shame. I suppose I will just have to make due with external searches and then cross-reference to see if they are in Hero Lab. Thanks for responding!
SerifOfLies is offline   #3 Reply With Quote