Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Zan Thrax

Old February 19th, 2022, 05:12 PM
I'm playing a magus for the first time, and I'm certain that ShadowChemosh had created an adjustment for the magus arcane pool, but the only magus adjustment I'm seeing is "Magus: Arcane Augmentation". I'm obviously missing something.
Zan Thrax is offline   #1771 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old February 19th, 2022, 06:25 PM
The current version of the Pathfinder pack does have two magus adjustments in the conferred abilities section, "Magus: Arcane Pool" and "Magus: Spell Combat".

(I'm assuming the "Magus: Arcane Augmentation" one you are seeing is built-in as part of LWD's Inner Sea Magic data file, since I don't see that one.)

Are you sure you have the ShadowChemosh's Adjustments source selected in the Configure Hero options?
ploturo is offline   #1772 Reply With Quote
Zan Thrax

Old February 19th, 2022, 09:29 PM
Thanks. Turns out I didn't actually have the community pack properly installed.
Zan Thrax is offline   #1773 Reply With Quote
GrinningJest3r

Old March 18th, 2022, 03:42 PM
Did anybody else straight up lose the community files? The source URL http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml dropped from my HL and even after I re-add it and restart, my "configure hero" menu shows "No user sources defined".
GrinningJest3r is offline   #1774 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 19th, 2022, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinningJest3r View Post
Did anybody else straight up lose the community files? The source URL http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml dropped from my HL and even after I re-add it and restart, my "configure hero" menu shows "No user sources defined".
You would have to delete them manually or over-write the folder to lose them.
Did you get any error messages when you started HL? If so, it won't load any user files.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1775 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 19th, 2022, 08:15 AM
Pathfinder Pack is an available update for me.

If for some reason you cannot get it, I could share the most recent (or an older) version on a DropBox folder.

I have 14.4 through 14.19 (the most recent release).
Ualaa is offline   #1776 Reply With Quote
GrinningJest3r

Old March 20th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
You would have to delete them manually or over-write the folder to lose them.
Did you get any error messages when you started HL? If so, it won't load any user files.
I hadn't changed anything. I went to open up a hero I've been using for weeks and I got a bunch of errors: https://imgur.com/a/nB1uwOd

- I went back, restarted HL and opened the same portfolio - same errors, checked Configure Hero options, no community source available

- Restarted HL, checked source URLs - all missing. Added the community pack source URL as I mentioned previously.
-- Restarted HL, checked Pathfinder 1e for updates, selected Community Pack, clicked Get - successful

-Restarted HL, opened same portfolio - same errors, checked Configure Hero options, no community source available

-Restarted HL, opened another portfolio that had gestalt saved - same errors

-Restarted HL, opened a new portfolio - no errors, checked Configure Hero options, no community source available
GrinningJest3r is offline   #1777 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old March 20th, 2022, 01:49 PM
I've had similar issues in the past. What I finally did to resolve it is uninstall HL completely, make sure any and all HL install and data folders are gone completely (feel free to keep your portfolios elsewhere) Make sure you have backed up any personal user files you have created. Then do a fresh install. make sure it loads properly. then add the Pathfinder Pack.
asvaldson is offline   #1778 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 20th, 2022, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinningJest3r View Post
I went to open up a hero I've been using for weeks and I got a bunch of errors: https://imgur.com/a/nB1uwOd
As soon as you have errors, and HL says it will load in recovery mode - it's not loading any user files. It expects you to fix the error, then reload, and you will be able to access all the extra stuff.
The second set of errors are because recovery/demo mode doesn't have access to the extra files that your hero needs.

It doesn't look like you have the community pack or any other stuff like that. Can you confirm that the files exist in your directories? If problems continue... email Support.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1779 Reply With Quote
GrinningJest3r

Old March 21st, 2022, 09:56 PM
Welp, I still don't know what caused it, but I did uninstall and reinstall it and (after re-adding the community files and the WiS files) everything seems to be working now. Only error I got was now I'm missing a custom file and I don't know what it what lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
It doesn't look like you have the community pack or any other stuff like that. Can you confirm that the files exist in your directories? If problems continue... email Support.
Just for confirmation, all of the community files and everything WERE still in their correct folder locations.
GrinningJest3r is offline   #1780 Reply With Quote