Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

GeneralHuli

Old June 18th, 2024, 03:48 PM
I hesitate to post this, as I know it has caused quite a ruckus is the past, but I made a thing, and I would love to share it with the community.

I revived/newly created an importer that utilizes the Hero Lab Online API to import characters into FoundryVTT for PF2e.

It only MOSTLY works as of now and has some issues. I plan on future development, but it is in a usable state, and I think it could benefit some. Am I phishing for free beta testing? Probably. Do I have the time and energy to start fielding mounds of complaints? Probably not.

Whatever. It can be found here: https://github.com/GeneralHuli/HeroLab-Importer and is also searchable in-game with 'Hero Lab Online PF2e Importer'

If you check it out, please let me know what you think.
GeneralHuli is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old June 19th, 2024, 07:20 PM
Cool, thank you for working on this!
Frodie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
subourbonite

Old July 1st, 2024, 05:29 PM
This is huge, thank you! The previous project for this was useful while it was supported.
subourbonite is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GeneralHuli

Old July 2nd, 2024, 04:31 AM
I'm glad you think so! Let me know if you run into any major issues, or if you have any suggestions.
GeneralHuli is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old July 3rd, 2024, 04:54 PM
"Excuse me, sir... could you describe the ruckus?"

Do you intend for this to be used on level ups as well, or just as a one-time thing?

It would be nice to have some form of checklist or log of the import when it happens to compare against. It's sometimes pretty challenging to play "what changed?" or "what did I forget?" in either application.
djc664 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GeneralHuli

Old July 4th, 2024, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
Do you intend for this to be used on level ups as well, or just as a one-time thing?
It can definitely be used for level ups. I recommend de-selecting equipment for level ups, as the equipment import destroys your current equipment setup. It is kind of impossible to try and maintain equipment on both platforms.

I did put in some debugging notes that will print to console the items it couldn't import, as well as an object that shows what import items matched the exported items. I could see about an option to summarize changes at the end though. That is a good idea. Probably start working on that after this weekend.
GeneralHuli is offline   #6 Reply With Quote