Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

sithdevil

Old January 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any word as to when a data file update was coming out for the new Vampire Counts Army Book that was released the other day.

Really keen to start developing my army lists

Thanks and keep up the awesome work
sithdevil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old January 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM
At least one month after it was released. But as I haven't bought it yet, and may not for a while (post xmas finances suck), don't expect it any time soon....

(someone could buy it for me :P)

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
postal

Old January 17th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Who actually is the owner/works for Lone Wolf or is responsible for creating the updates.?
postal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
postal

Old January 17th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Who is responsible for creating the updates that we all pay for?
postal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old January 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM
All updates are done by volunteers who have nothing to do with Lone Wolf. I usually handle the updates for Fantasy.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old January 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
Who is responsible for creating the updates that we all pay for?
You pay for the data updates?
Huh. I think someone's taking you for a ride; I get mine free off the servers at Lone Wolf.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 18th, 2012, 04:52 PM
postal, to clear things up for you, you pay for army builder which is a genaric army building program. Army Builder themselves can't put Games Workshops rules in because they make a profit of the program so GW could sue them. Instead volunteers do the work and upload it.Your subscription to army builder pays for the ability to download those rules updates right from the Army Builder program as well as updates to how the program works. There are no paid employees doing the datafiles so you will have to be patient, or try doing it yourself.
ChaosLord is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
UltraPrime, sorry to hear that you won't be able to work on it yet that does bum me out quite a bit. I might just have to take a crack at it myself. Any pointers for a noob?
ChaosLord is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
sithdevil

Old January 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosLord View Post
UltraPrime, sorry to hear that you won't be able to work on it yet that does bum me out quite a bit. I might just have to take a crack at it myself. Any pointers for a noob?
Yeh I must admit I was bummed out by the response, didn't realise that Lone Wolf didn't do the updates when I bought it.

Had a crack at updating myself last night, lets just say UltraPrime I greatly appreciate the updates you do, wish I was smart enough to do it so I could help out
sithdevil is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old January 19th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Lots of people contributed initially but it is all UltraPrime who keeps it all in order and does all the bug fixes and updates. Kudos to him and his diligence for keeping them updated. Please remember this is all volunteer work and that new army books cannot be updated for at least a month after release due to GW and their legal sharks.
Yobtar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote