Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

osopolare

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'm new to Hero Lab and I love it. It makes character management and combat much much easier to manage. We use the Game Mastery Critical Hits and Fumble decks. Without Hero Lab it would be practically impossible to track and implement the two points of dex damage that's done to Stone Giant #5. There's no way I'd remember that on the next round.

Given all of that the fact that the common attack modifier feats aren't implemented is the biggest disappointment. The biggest downside of Pathfinder is it's complexity at higher levels. My group has developed a system of charts to manage the different types of attacks and tokens to track buffs but it's still difficult. I was hoping that Hero Lab would fix this. As it stands we'll still have to apply common attack modifiers in our heads and remember that we have extra attacks...

The implementation of Power Attack is a tantalizing look at Hero Lab's potential. It's AWESOME to not have to calculate and apply it. One of my six giants can decide not to power attack for one round and all I have to do is un-check a box. Brilliant.

Is it really impractical to have hero lab handle calculations like:

Given your normal attack bonus with a long bow:

+14/+9/+4

When the haste spell adjustment is checked add one attack at highest bonus and add +1 to all bonuses.

+15/+15/+10/+5

When the Rapid Shot in-play adjustment is checked for equipped bows add one attack at highest attack bonus and add -2 to all attacks.

+13/+13/+13/+8/+3

I agree that there are TONS of attack modifiers out there and that the game system implementation will never be prefect but do you think you could pick the top 20 modifiers to implement?

If it takes a week to implement this change it would be worth it. The overall value of the product would be improved more than any other feature I can think of.
osopolare is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Here is what I did for Rapid Shot. I remade Rapid Shot, checked "Show in Charges List", and typed in the Charge Effect 1 field the word "Active". Then I added this script at Post-Levels(Users)/10000.

Code:
~ If we're not selected, get out now.
doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)

~ Add extra attack and apply rapid shot penalty.
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "thingid.w? & wCategory.Range?"
  if (eachpick.tagis[Helper.ExtraHigh] = 0) then
    eachpick.field[Penalty].value = -2
    perform eachpick.assign[Helper.ExtraHigh]
  endif
nexteach
Kendall-DM is offline   #12 Reply With Quote