Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
Will you have one for Shadowrun 5e?
We won't have the Shadowrun game system (any edition) available as a choice at the initial launch of the Content Market. This is where you'd choose the "Other" option and customize the game system structure to suit your needs.

I don't believe we've announced anything about Shadowrun for Realm Works, so the following is just my uninformed speculation:

Since we have a lot of Shadowrun support in Hero Lab, it's possible that we'll be following up with more Shadowrun support in Realm Works some time after the initial Content Market launch. Of course, this probably needs some kind of license and I'm not sure whether we've got that hammered out on the Realm Works side yet.

But again, I'm just a developer and not the best source of information on content timelines. Like Sgt. Shultz on Hogan's Heroes: "I know nothing"!
Joe is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old July 13th, 2016, 08:21 AM
thanks for the reploy Joe
adzling is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old July 13th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Thanks I know this already, see below ;-)
I was wondering if there was going to be a Srun specific data format for Realmworks that I could leverage or if I should just keep using what I have built.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=23908.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
A couple of things to answer your question.
1. Realm Works is 100% system neutral. It works with DnD, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, World of Darkness, Savage Worlds, Macho Women with Guns, anything.
Does that help?
adzling is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2016, 01:57 PM
@adzling

When/if Shadowrun content becomes available in the content market, we'll have a Shadowrun-specific content structure (categories and tags, etc) that users will get access to. Of course it's up to you if you want to use it or to continue to use your own structure. However, it will be much easier on you to adopt the "official" structure as content available from the market will use it seamlessly.
Joe is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old July 14th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Does that mean access to specific configurations will be limited to people who buy content? Or is it just temporary coincidence, like, you need the structure to use commercial content?

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
Does that mean access to specific configurations will be limited to people who buy content? Or is it just temporary coincidence, like, you need the structure to use commercial content?
In this case, it's a coincidence. We're unlikely to create an "official" game system structure for anything we aren't planning on selling content for, at least initially. That may change over time, particularly if we're unable to secure a license with a certain publisher to sell any content, but many users would get value out of a common structure existing for that game system.

To be clear, you won't need to buy any content to use any of the game system structures we officially support. And to be even more clear, this refers to items such as categories and tags, NOT topics and articles. So you will get the categories you need to create monsters and spells for a game system, but no pre-loaded monster or spell entries (without buying the content packages they come in).

Last edited by Joe; July 14th, 2016 at 03:32 PM.
Joe is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old July 15th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Thanks a lot, that is going to work fine for me. Structures are useful, but the content I create myself, including monsters.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old July 15th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
In this case, it's a coincidence. We're unlikely to create an "official" game system structure for anything we aren't planning on selling content for, at least initially. That may change over time, particularly if we're unable to secure a license with a certain publisher to sell any content, but many users would get value out of a common structure existing for that game system.
That's hopeful news. I'm guessing that Steve Jackson Games is unlikely to allow GURPS 4th edition content to be sold in Realm Works, but I'd still love to see an "official" structure for it. I'm sure it would contain improvements over the one I've been building for myself.
ibecker is offline   #48 Reply With Quote