Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

lifer4700

Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Bump.
lifer4700 is offline   #211
McTaff

Old January 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
This is an excerpt from a previous post long since fallen off the bottom of the six thousandth page. Since some of the things have been addressed in my original post, I would also like to point out that I'm very happy with the fact that LWD actually read these threads and take it on board (and also please note some of this info could be out of date/addressed) :

1. A "Track via PnP" checkbox for memorised spell selection.
    This would of course remove the error for "no memorised spells", but would more importantly change the spell book output: Each spell level list would have a header containing the DC, number of spells available per day of that level, domain spells (if applicable), and then either a series of lines for people to write the memorised spells, or a list of known spells and a small underline next to each name to mark how many they have currently memorised, or something similar.
    I have a paper sheet like this that I got somewhere (I forget where) and I love it. It would be awesome if HL would just print it all out for me. With clerics, my page is generic, but Wizards have to maintain a spells known list all the time, and a generic list doesn't help. In addition, each spell that has some sort of racial, class or other modifier to the DC or any other part should be highlighted immediately after the spell name in bold text.
  2. Ability to put all spells of the same level on different pages.
    I save paper elsewhere and I make it up by hacking apart the documents generated by HL and putting in Page Breaks just so I can easily flick through to find the correct level, and then the spell from there.
  3. On the spell selection pages, break down spells into levels.
    "Add 0, 1, 2, 3, 4..." seems a little tedious and unwieldy, it would be better if there were a separate selection list broken down into each spell level. Perhaps when you open "Spellbook", you could have each spell level broken down into pages, with the same being reflected in the "Add Spells to spellbook". That would be a little nicer - and if you could allow skins to make it like those old PC games that actually looked like book, well that's a winner.
  4. A "Delete all" or "Delete all spells of level X" function for known spells/memorised spells would be handy.
    It wouldn't be used often, so maybe in the menu system? It'd be awesome for creating NPCs.
  5. Many of the lists within HL have the "Show Everything" or "Only valid items".
    It would be excellent if you could display from:
    - source material,
    - requirement,
    - type (Combat, Teamwork, Metamagic)
    - as a feat tree (where prerequisites are required). The tree would, for example in the Feats list, have the groups similar to the Core Rulebook: Dodge (Dex 13), then Mobility (Dex 13) as a subchoice, then Spring Attack (Dex 13, BAB +4) and then Whirlwind Attack (Combat Expertise (Int 13)). No previously required prerequisite should be re-listed, but any additional prerequisite to obtain a prerequisite (in this case, the Int 13) should be listed to make it obvious. It is also important that anything with more than one prerequisite are nested in BOTH feat trees. (Whirlwind attack should also be listed after Combat Expertise as well, in the previous case).
  6. Ability to re-order weapons, armor and gear within their lists.
    Drag 'n' drop is awesome if you can do it. Nothing worse than having three weapons, but the two that you use the least are listed first. In HL, I am looking at "Heavy Shield Bash" listed before the character's main weapon, a "+3 Ghost Touch Undead Bane Mace of Distruption". Yeah, I know that I can rename my magic longsword to be called "A Mace", but if he's carrying a bunch of other weapons and it's already called something cool like "Mister Malarqui's Ghoul Smasher", I'd hardly want to start messing with the name just to change the order.
  7. Having weapon groups.
    If I have a fighter that carries a Tardis-like backpack and wants to Quick-Draw to mix and match the weapons he is using just to fit the encounter, he may need to link weapons into groups.
    For example (and assuming he has supporting feats) he may wish to have:
    - a Mace of Disruption (or ghoul smashing) and use a Shield Bash against undead,
    - two Short Swords of Human Bane against humans,
    - a Keen Longsword of Speed and defensively use his shield (only) against a highly armored opponent.
    Linking this into three groups makes it easy for him to remember the damage he will do, the modifiers to each of his attack rolls, and the number of attacks he gets (particularly if he has Two Weapon Fighting and Shield Bashes). For obvious reasons, the weapons and shields have to be treated as discrete "kits" to make the modifiers calculate correctly... You would start a new weapon group, tick the weapons you want to go into this specific group out of your weapon list, and then HL would output one box with the weapons adjacent to one another.
  8. In the Armor tab, split the lists for Armour and Shields.
    There is the option for "Magic/Custom/MW", and then "Other". A more fluid approach would be to split Armour and Shields, as it makes browsing that little bit easier, especially when characters have large inventories (for whatever reason). That way you'd go to "Create Magic Shield/Other" in the shields list, and "Create Magic Armor" in the Armor list. It makes little sense to split the mundane from the magic IMHO, but some people may feel different.
  9. Notes should also be allowed to be easily appended to any object in the characters inventory, which would print out after the description of the item (if any). This would allow for any number of campaign specific or house-rule notation to be made and retained between adventures. Click on your item, press a "pen" icon and put a 256 character maximum note in there. Fantastic for when you have quest related items, or items that have certain clues about their function.
  10. The Permanent Adjustments should be on the "Background" page.
    I didn't even know it existed until recently, and I still keep forgetting it is there. See next list item.
  11. The "Abilities" tab should cut and pasted entirely to the top of the "Background" tab, along with the Gender selection. In almost all instances I have ever played, ability scores were determined at the same time as the first class level and the race, gender and alignment of the character. Keeping it all together would be much better, and I find when messing around with NPC's and characters it is a lot of tab skipping to find/go where I need to go. Having the Attack Bonus, Combat Man. Defenses and Misc tables there is not really a requirement as they are immediately displayed on the first tab next to them ("Basics") and are not editable anyway.
    See this link for a rough idea to keep all relevant info on the one tab: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...psb792c5ce.jpg
  12. Cleric Domains should list the domain spells granted.
    Subdomains should list the replacement spells and powers - and the spells and powers that are removed!
McTaff is offline   #212
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
[*]Ability to re-order weapons, armor and gear within their lists.
My "Adjustments" addon, specifically the "Weapon Order" one, allows one to re-order weapons currently.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #213
osopolare

Old January 13th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I'm playing in a group where we're making a lot of use of Feint.. basically every creature our rogue attacks gets a feint check first.

The math to figure out the feint DC is easy enough but it involved checking, summing and comparing three values. This is the sort of thing that's easy for a computer and slow for a person.

I'd love it if we could add the "FDC" to all creatures next to the CMD in the Basics Summary.

I guess the same also goes for the demoralize DC.

While we're at it can we add a switch to turn off the "Perf Combat" modifier?

Mathius told me at Paizocon that the Summary areas are not user editable. Is that true? Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!
osopolare is offline   #214
AndrewD2

Old January 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I'd love to see a macro that returns BAB and one that does Caster Level for the specified class, even one for returning max caster level would be nice.
AndrewD2 is offline   #215
Unseelie

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
The ability to apply adjustments & conditions to multiple targets in the tactical console. Frex. Wizard casts haste on the party...
Unseelie is offline   #216
Jamz

Old January 18th, 2013, 12:41 AM
How possible would it be to add Hit Points & Hardness for Weapons & Armor? Especially calculating in for magical +'s and special material? (on hover would be just fine).

And second to that, track damage and broken/destroyed condition?

We're getting a lot of use out of Sunder lately and it would be nice to see what those numbers are. Especially for special materials, some I don't even know how to calculate myself...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #217
Movian

Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
I have a suggestion for a slight tweak to the PDF / Printing output.

At the moment you have to select using radio buttons what you would like to print. Character sheet, Abilities & Gear Descriptions, spells, spell book

Etc

I would find it helpful if instead you had check boxes so i can have all the pages output as a single pdf, or print all the pages at the same time.

For example i have a Magus, i would like to have Spells, Abilities and char sheet all in one PDF so i can easily view it on a tablet. At the moment i have to have 3 different PDF's OR print all the pages out (around 7 pages).

If you are able to do this, having an option to bookmark sections automatically would also be useful.

But any way just a suggestion.
Movian is offline   #218
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movian View Post
For example i have a Magus, i would like to have Spells, Abilities and char sheet all in one PDF so i can easily view it on a tablet. At the moment i have to have 3 different PDF's OR print all the pages out (around 7 pages).
A suggestion for a work around you can do right now is to install PrimoPDF or any free PDF making software. PrimoPDF makes a local printer that you can print to and the result is a pdf file. Then if you print again and point PrimoPDF to the same file it can "append" to the pdf file instead of over writing it.

This way you could easily make a PDF of your character sheet and spells and journal and it would all be a single pdf file.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #219
Dwayne

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
How possible would it be to add Hit Points & Hardness for Weapons & Armor? Especially calculating in for magical +'s and special material? (on hover would be just fine).

And second to that, track damage and broken/destroyed condition?

We're getting a lot of use out of Sunder lately and it would be nice to see what those numbers are. Especially for special materials, some I don't even know how to calculate myself...
I also would like to see this added. Great idea.
Dwayne is online now   #220
Closed Thread