Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

phloog

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I use D20Pro, which can IMPORT Herolab characters

I use Herolab, which can EXPORT files that can be imported by d20Pro.

In an actual game, people are constantly picking up items, trading items, losing items, etc.

Realizing this might require collaboration between two companies, why couldn't one or both of the companies create a live pipeline between the two?

Add a Cloak of Protection in HeroLab, hit "Apply in D20Pro", and it moves all required stat changes to a "Live Token" in D20Pro....

What I can say is that as soon as there is a VTT that integrates decent character management, or a character builder that integrates a VTT, I will likely drop both D20Pro AND Herolab, despite my long and great history with both companies.

Pathfinder has way too many opportunities for large blocks of stats to change with the addition of an item to make the current systems efficient. As I mentioned in another threat, if a character does pick up that cloak, you have to enter it in HeroLab, EXPORT the character data in d20pro format, then go into D20Pro and IMPORT the character and assign it a new token.

I don't think there is a VTT that handles that currently, but I'm off to look - my last game ground to a halt as people split loot, then rethought their choices.
phloog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote