Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sevrick

Old January 11th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Ok so I got Realm works and it's great but I found out that people who join your realm as players can't see the content you reveal live. They have to exit out of Realm Works sync then join again to see the changes. There has to be a better way. If I want to revival something while in a session the players shouldn't have to do this every time they want an update on information. Maybe I missed somthing can you plz help.
Sevrick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 12th, 2015, 03:27 PM
That's how it works.
It is not intended for "live" updates at this time, other than by showing the Player View on a separate monitor.

The idea of "live" updates has been raised as a possible future thing, but it is not available now.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 12th, 2015, 08:01 PM
You want a Virtual Table Top system not a Campaign Management System. There are several out there. D20Pro is working on D20Pro Unlimited which is supposed to support a lot more game systems then the D20 kind, once it is released. Anyway, Google 'Virtual Table Top' and you should find something that fits your needs.
Viking2054 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 12th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
You want a Virtual Table Top system not a Campaign Management System.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras
That's how it works.
It is not intended for "live" updates at this time, other than by showing the Player View on a separate monitor.
The idea of "live" updates has been raised as a possible future thing, but it is not available now.
Viking & Silveras are Spot on with their comments, and A more and more common mis-interpretation of RW current use.
Not sure if the LWD web page is grey on this (wasn't to me) but seems a lot of people are not seeing the applied differences.
  • Between Game Management / VTT
  • Player View / RW Player Addition
Just to name the more common ones. Maybe LWD (Liz?) needs to revisit and refine the webpage for clarity? Might save a lot of confusion/ disappointment & buyer remorse ..... Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
There are several out there. D20Pro is working on D20Pro Unlimited which is supposed to support a lot more game systems then the D20 kind, once it is released. Anyway, Google 'Virtual Table Top' and you should find something that fits your needs.
Just to add to Viking's comment....
As a Developer supporter of D20Pro, the intent of unlimited is to make D20 game edition neutral. And to be able to apply it to a myriad of other non D&D-esk type games.
HOWERVER, With that said, It is also the intent to integrate Herolab (already in the works) and Hopefully RW as well into the D20Pro System.
LWD (aka Rob) has always maintained he has no intention on getting into the VTT business. Leaving that venue to the Folks at D20Pro, certainly brings a lot of good possibilities for the future.

See Here for Details
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rtual-tabletop

DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 13th, 2015, 04:24 AM
One thing to add, what RW **DOES** bring to the table (pun intended) is the removed need for historial delays, and "lost info".

Having players able to "sync" after each session, and have a complete historical reference of the game play in the campaign is money in the bank. Every hand out can now be a reveal in RW not a "lost sheet of paper" or another sheet for the mound of paper in that pile over there that payers whine when asked to "find it".

As well it is a simple shared locale for house rules, house changes and even rule lawyering.... Not that any game system has vague rules open for arguement......

these things alone from my gamiong experience represent a major step forward. We have a monitor the GM uses to share info to the players, that will be my "live" view for the players.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 13th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
One thing to add, what RW **DOES** bring to the table (pun intended) is the removed need for historial delays, and "lost info".

Having players able to "sync" after each session, and have a complete historical reference of the game play in the campaign is money in the bank. Every hand out can now be a reveal in RW not a "lost sheet of paper" or another sheet for the mound of paper in that pile over there that payers whine when asked to "find it".

As well it is a simple shared locale for house rules, house changes and even rule lawyering.... Not that any game system has vague rules open for arguement......

these things alone from my gamiong experience represent a major step forward. We have a monitor the GM uses to share info to the players, that will be my "live" view for the players.
Quite Right Exmortis... Thanks for that counter-point to add perspective from both sides of the isle. I would add that the elements you describe do rest squarely in the "game management box" not a VTT. Your point of ease of re-accessing information is, IMO, one of the best features RW offers as a whole for keeping the game rolling along "LIVE". TOO many times have both players and DMs get derailed or quagmired looking for that obscure house rule or old note, thus losing both the momentum & emersion of the moment.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 13th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
TOO many times have both players and DMs get derailed or quagmired looking for that obscure house rule or old note, thus losing both the momentum & emersion of the moment.
Isn't that the truth, and with a quick note to myself, as GM I will take the time between games to add those rules to my personal sources section if they are rules that require GM intervention, ruling, or other wise must be detailed beyond the book reference.

I already have many such rules we have run into in previous campaigns witrh their own topics. The worst is item damage, the rules and info are spread all over the CRB, now its a topic with 5 sub topics, ezy pezy and in one locale.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote