Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
It doesn't help that the editor is kind of arcane, and I haven't had much luck figuring it out. Is it possible to add a user data set that sits alongside this? Say I wanted to create my own "sourcebook" of third-party options that I allow in-game?
If you have a game system that you own (in this case, if you have the Authoring Kit purchased, you will have base Savage Worlds available to you), the help menu includes an entry for using the editor, which is useful.
Duggan is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 3rd, 2019, 10:26 PM
Okay...if a player decides to build a Soong-type android character, they MUST take the Talent "Polyalloy Construction." How does the program/dataset enforce that requirement?

In a similar vein, how does taking that Talent reflect the increase in Resistance that the Talent grants the character, because it doesn't appear that it does.

While I'm asking questions about requirements, many of the racial Talents say "Certain Species, or gamemaster's discretion." While I can see how to enforce the "Certain Species" requirement, how do I make the program know that the GM has allowed certain things on a case-by-case basis? Say, for instance, that I want to create an Aenar character. Aenar are a telepathic subspecies of Andorians, with telepathic abilities; the easiest way to do this is to just make an Andorian and allow the player to take the Telepath Talent...which is marked as Betazoid only. How do I show GM's discretion with this?
PGoodman13 is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old June 4th, 2019, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Okay...if a player decides to build a Soong-type android character, they MUST take the Talent "Polyalloy Construction." How does the program/dataset enforce that requirement?

In a similar vein, how does taking that Talent reflect the increase in Resistance that the Talent grants the character, because it doesn't appear that it does.
This I need to update. There will be a Validation Error displayed if the character doesn’t have the talent. I still need to add the script to add the Resistance increase.

This will be in the next update.

Quote:
While I'm asking questions about requirements, many of the racial Talents say "Certain Species, or gamemaster's discretion." While I can see how to enforce the "Certain Species" requirement, how do I make the program know that the GM has allowed certain things on a case-by-case basis? Say, for instance, that I want to create an Aenar character. Aenar are a telepathic subspecies of Andorians, with telepathic abilities; the easiest way to do this is to just make an Andorian and allow the player to take the Telepath Talent...which is marked as Betazoid only. How do I show GM's discretion with this?
I am away from my laptop at the moment, but there should be (and if there isn’t there will be one in the next update) a permanent adjustment (on the personal tab) to pass the prerequisite for a particular talent.

The same type of adjustment I think needs to be made for Races as well so that they will all be displayed for selection but the user can ‘mark’ a race with that GM Permission.

Thanks for all the help on making the dataset better.

Thanks!
TC

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 4th, 2019, 08:54 AM
There's one there for changing Traits and Derived Traits, but I don't see anything in 1.6 for Talents.
PGoodman13 is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old June 4th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Thanks, I’ll see about getting that in ASAP.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 4th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Okay, the Klingon Talent R'uustai grants the character an extra Value (for a total of 5 instead of the more traditional 4, as evidenced by Worf's writeup in the DS9 character pack). I don't see where the program or dataset implements this, and I'm not sure how it would do that.

I'd like to know, because one of the custom things I'm doing is "The Orville", based on writeups found at https://continuingmissionsta.com/201...e-fools-day-2/ (since Orville is TNG with the serial numbers filed off).

The Moclan writeup features the following Talent:

"TRADITIONAL -- You are well versed in Moclan traditions as the expected procedure for performing Tasks. You gain "Moclan Traditions" as bonus Focus. When you attempt a Task where that focus is applicable, you can use your Conn Discipline to determine if a roll scores two successes rather than the Discipline used to set the Target Number of the Task."

This gives a bonus Focus, for 7 instead of 6, and I don't know how to implement that. Help!
PGoodman13 is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 5th, 2019, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
If you have a game system that you own (in this case, if you have the Authoring Kit purchased, you will have base Savage Worlds available to you), the help menu includes an entry for using the editor, which is useful.
Except it doesn't open. It tells me I have no web browser comfigured, which is ridiculous.
PGoodman13 is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old June 6th, 2019, 02:41 PM
What happens when you try to open a HTML file? On my Windows machine the Editor help file is at C:/program files (x86)/hero lab/docs/manual/editor.htm if that helps.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 6th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
What happens when you try to open a HTML file? On my Windows machine the Editor help file is at C:/program files (x86)/hero lab/docs/manual/editor.htm if that helps.

That worked wonders. Many thanks. Still got a lot to figure out, but now I know how to get someplace. Which is a step in the right direction.
PGoodman13 is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old June 7th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
This I need to update. There will be a Validation Error displayed if the character doesn’t have the talent. I still need to add the script to add the Resistance increase.

This will be in the next update.

I am away from my laptop at the moment, but there should be (and if there isn’t there will be one in the next update) a permanent adjustment (on the personal tab) to pass the prerequisite for a particular talent.

The same type of adjustment I think needs to be made for Races as well so that they will all be displayed for selection but the user can ‘mark’ a race with that GM Permission.
For the next update (1.7):
Fixed - Soong-Type Androids required to take Polyalloy Construction and Positronic Brain
Fixed - Polyalloy Construction increases Resistance +1.

New - Adjustment to make a Race Valid after selection
New - Adjustment to make a Talent Valid after selection.

Working on -

Last edited by TCArknight; June 7th, 2019 at 09:47 AM.
TCArknight is offline   #110 Reply With Quote