Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Silveras

Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:54 AM
Often in adventures, or even just for keeping track as a Campaign plays through one, there is a need to know "Has this milestone been met?". A checkbox or other visible "Yes/No" state snippet would be useful for tracking such cases.
Silveras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:22 AM
+1. This would be very useful for me.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 3rd, 2019, 01:12 PM
Make a "Yes" and "No" tagselection. It works fine and you can use it as a filter.
tkarn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 3rd, 2019, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarn View Post
Make a "Yes" and "No" tagselection. It works fine and you can use it as a filter.
I thought of that.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:02 PM
I think it is already possible. Or do you need the checkbox.

Create a new tag group (milestone). Add a Yes and a No tag.

Add a tag selection snippet for the milestone group.
tkarn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:09 PM
I would have thought ongoing reveals would serve this purpose.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 3rd, 2019, 06:47 PM
You're all too hung up on the milestone example.

The point was a generic "Yes/No" toggle that could be included in anything the GM needs. When you look at the snippet types, there are text boxes, labeled text boxes, date/time controls, number fields, and pictures among the "basic" types. What's missing from that list? "Yes/No" (checkbox) and "Radio-button".

Does it have to be a milestone? No. That was just the most obvious example. So here's another:
If I am preparing for the next game session and I want to make a CHECKLIST of things to review, having a control I can toggle to show "done" as I go along would be a help with that.

Or any other case in which a checklist of some sort would be useful... such as an adventure in which the number of tasks the players succeeded at determines some result.. a list in which the successes can be "ticked off" makes that easier to adjudicate.

Reveal is binary at the moment, but it is planned to become something else when it becomes per-character reveal. It will no longer be simply Revealed or Not Revealed (though we have no details on what it will look like). So even though it could be used as binary for now, it isn't going to stay that way.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old January 4th, 2019, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
(...)

Or any other case in which a checklist of some sort would be useful... such as an adventure in which the number of tasks the players succeeded at determines some result.. a list in which the successes can be "ticked off" makes that easier to adjudicate.

Reveal is binary at the moment, but it is planned to become something else when it becomes per-character reveal. It will no longer be simply Revealed or Not Revealed (though we have no details on what it will look like). So even though it could be used as binary for now, it isn't going to stay that way.
Since I am GMing such an adventure currently, a checkbox to count those "key moments" would be quite helpful. So:

+1

And, yes, hopefully the reveal-status will become something different than binary someday soonish.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn

Last edited by Greebo; January 4th, 2019 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Added my vote.
Greebo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 4th, 2019, 05:46 AM
+1

not only would this be useful it should be possible to reset things like this as part of the export process similar to how reveal status can be rolled back.

Also from personal experience check boxes are expected to be multiple select while radio buttons are expected to be single. Both should be available.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw

Last edited by kbs666; January 4th, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 4th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Also from personal experience check boxes are expected to be multiple select while radio buttons are expected to be single. Both should be available.
Yeah, I suggested only checkboxes because, like other snippet elements, they would not require additional work to make other options de-select as you make a selection the way "radio button" types work.

There are certainly cases where it would be nice to have them, but I think that's a different enough behavior to deserve its own suggestion/project to handle it.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote