Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Public Beta Features
  • Adds new "Beta Print" option to app menu which prints characters generated by the server
    • These "printouts" are generated as a series of PDF files (character sheet, journal, spell details, etc) and packaged as a .zip archive file for download. You can use those files in any way you choose (print them on paper, store them on your devices or in cloud storage, etc).
    • The layout and format of the printouts should be familiar to anyone who has printed a character in Hero Lab Classic, as it uses the same underlying systems. This allows us to take advantage of the many years of maturity that system has to offer over the current printing system, so printing output should be significantly improved.
    • All device regardless of size will be able to use this option. This will allow you to download PDFs of your characters to devices like phones and tablets
    • Unlike the previous printing system, there are no browser differences in printing output, so all users can enjoy the same high quality printouts (Firefox users, rejoice!)
    • The existing printing system will remain in place for the time being. This will give us a chance to iron out any kinks in our new printing infrastructure. Once we do, we will take this new printing system out of "beta", and mark the old printing system as deprecated for a short time, to give everyone a chance to transition to using the new system. After that, the old system will be removed.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixes an issue affecting automatic reconnection that would prevent it from working as intended
  • Fixes "Attempting to reconnect when connectionState is not Disconnected: Reconnecting" errors

Last edited by Joe; March 29th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old March 29th, 2019, 02:32 AM
Can we get this for Starfinder, too?
So, this option is available for Starfinder, though it does not say that in the notes above.

Last edited by TheMaskedFerret; March 29th, 2019 at 06:05 AM.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old March 29th, 2019, 04:46 AM
I was able to print a Starfinder character, I didn't check if everything was correct.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old March 29th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Bug Report - HLO - Starfinder

The journal contents do not sort properly. They are not sorted by Date (game world), Date (real world), nor even Alphabetically.
((Reported))
-----------------------------

Date (game world): 05/24/0318; Date (real world): 05/24/2018 XP Reward: 1 XP; Net Cash: 1116 ; Fame: +2; Exo-
Guardians reputation: +2
SFS 01-12 Ashes of Discovery - 18615-0707-Brightwater Glimmer
Date (game world): 11/14/0317; Date (real world): 11/14/2017 XP Reward: 1 XP; Net Cash: 720 ; Fame: +2; Exo-
Into The Unknown - 18615-0707-Brightwater Glimmer
Date (game world): 11/04/0318; Date (real world): 11/04/2018 XP Reward: 1 XP; Net Cash: 697 ; Fame: +2; Exo-
SFS 01-01 The Commencement - 18615-0707-Brightwater Glimmer
Date (game world): 12/04/0318; Date (real world): 12/04/2018 XP Reward: 0 XP; Net Cash: ; Fame: +1; Exo-
Guardians reputation: +1
Theoretical Historian, Tier 1 - 18615-0707-Brightwater Glimmer
Date (game world): 01/07/0319; Date (real world): 01/07/2019 XP Reward: 1 XP; Net Cash: 735 ; Fame: +2; Exo-
1-10 The Half-Alive Streets - 18615-0707-Brightwater Glimmer
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old March 29th, 2019, 06:26 AM
Bug Report - HLO, Starfinder, Print Beta

I have a custom item in the system that is reflected in the Gear Encumbrance/Bulk calculation, but does not show up on the Print Beta character sheet. Please include custom items.

Also, looking at it, I appear to be missing my industrial backpack, as well as the Formal Clothing and other items I had moved to a different container.

((Reported))
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old March 29th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Bug Report, HLO, Starfinder, Print Beta

Factions do not seem to calculate the correct reputation and tier, except for your primary faction. My character 18615-0701-Hardware mostly has Dataphiles reputation, but he has also gained some with the Acquisitives, the Exoguardians, and Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo), but none of that is apparent on the printed character sheet (except for the Daptaphiles reputation)

((Reported))

---------------------------
Acquisitives
Tier 0; Reputation 0
Dataphiles
Tier 3; Reputation 26
Exo-Guardians
Tier 0; Reputation 0
Second Seekers (Jadnura)
Tier 0; Reputation 0
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)
Tier 0; Reputation 0
Wayfinders
Tier 0; Reputation 0
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Trester

Old March 31st, 2019, 04:42 AM
I don't know if this is something to report but I would like to suggest adding the character's weapon proficiency to the Beta Print out. It's listed if you take an extra one as a feat but it is not listed if you started out with it.
Trester is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old April 1st, 2019, 07:36 AM
Yes, my wife noticed the missing weapon proficiencies. Gear and abilities was missing a number of things. (Some class abilities was not listed. Armour modules had no descriptions.
Geodragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old April 1st, 2019, 09:12 AM
@geodragon @trester Did you report these via the bug reporting tool?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Saint Bernard

Send a message via AIM to Saint Bernard

Old April 2nd, 2019, 11:39 AM
I like the Print Beta. Still a little crude compared to HLC but a great start.
Saint Bernard is offline   #10 Reply With Quote