Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tkarn

Old April 2nd, 2023, 03:05 PM
I have an tag_pick for the second list and with the candidatepick for the template and there I have only the required entries for the selection. My "problem" is, when I have an innate spellability or a second spellcasting class, I have to enter the whole spell twice (I'm a little bit lazy and I have a lot of redundant content), not only the entry in the second list. The tag_pick allowes only one tag for a spell.

Or do you mean a tag, that is defined in the tags.1st file? And assign it with the assign command?

Last edited by tkarn; April 2nd, 2023 at 03:08 PM.
tkarn is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2023, 03:18 PM
it_tagpick is the editor control to use when you should pick 0-1 tags from a category of tags. it_taglist is what to use when you select a list of 0+ tags from a list, all of which apply.

I mean to define a tag group like "SpellUsedBy", and then you'll have several values for that - Wizard, Cleric, etc. Then, on each spell you've defined, set all the SpellUsedBy tags that apply. Then, each class can be set up to only show the user the spells with the tag for that class, but it means you don't have to set up more than one copy of each spell in the editor - you set it up once, set the tags that apply, and then you don't have to do any referencing.
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old April 2nd, 2023, 03:22 PM
Ok, I will try this. Thx.
tkarn is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old April 2nd, 2023, 04:23 PM
Oh, but than there will be an other Problem.

In Prereq expression for the second list, i had the classlevel of the class.
This will Not work in the suggested way When i have a cleric 2 and wizard 4 as multiclass.

Do the candidate expression work with different Tags? F.e. " class.cleric & (Level.1 | Level.2 )" to Show All cleric spells of Level 1 und 2?
tkarn is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2023, 10:33 AM
If this is based on 5e, won't the two classes each have their own tabs for spellcasting? So different expressions can be set up for each one?

Code:
class.cleric & (val:Level >= 1) & (val:Level <= 2)

is how I'd write the tag expression for this - it's about the same at low levels, but at high levels, it's lots less typing to say <= 9 than to include every tag from 1-9.
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2023, 10:56 AM
If you're creating a class-based system, it's important to become familiar with agent tabs. Here's another thread where the person was beginning work on a class-based game: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ighlight=agent

Also, this thread has gotten away from the original question - to make things in this forum easier to search for, for future users, I'd recommend that new questions be in new threads, each with a name that describes that problem.
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old April 8th, 2023, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If this is based on 5e, won't the two classes each have their own tabs for spellcasting? So different expressions can be set up for each one?

Code:
class.cleric & (val:Level >= 1) & (val:Level <= 2)

is how I'd write the tag expression for this - it's about the same at low levels, but at high levels, it's lots less typing to say <= 9 than to include every tag from 1-9.
Both classes have different panels for their spells.
tkarn is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old April 9th, 2023, 01:18 AM
Showing and selecting spells working fine now. But I have a new problem. I post it in a new thread.
tkarn is offline   #18 Reply With Quote