Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TCArknight

Old November 12th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hi all!

Is anyone else having difficulty with updates or accessing the Store on lonewolfdevel.com?

TC
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
We've had DNS issues sporadically throughout the day with the domain. Since it's a DNS issue, it's completely outside our control. The problem appears to be fixed one minute and then recurs again. We're striving to get the problem resolved properly, so please bear with us.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Malefic Polyhedon

Old November 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hi is this DNS issue still going on? I didn't know what was up, it just was refusing to update and since I had just done a big windows update I assumed that windows had screwed things up again. I tried troubleshooting my security settings and ultimately ended up uninstalling and re-installing HL. Now of course it won't let me use it because it can't verify my license information. I did try going to the website and updating manually but I couldn't access that portion of the site either.So I want to know if this is a result of the DNS issue or if something is messed up on my end.

Anyone else still having problems?

Oh here's the message it gives me when it tries to check internet connection if this helps any:

Hero Lab 3.6e encountered a problem while trying to access the internet.

This error is almost always caused by your firewall or internet security software, which is incorrectly blocking internet access to this product.

Please add this product to the "allow list" or "whitelist" of your firewall and internet security software. Once this is done, it should be able to access the internet as normal.

For debugging: InternetOpenURL err 12007. Formatting error message failed with error 15100

Retrieval from wolflair.com succeeded.

For debugging: 6.0 b6002 p2 vService Pack 2 smj2 smn0 mask00000300 t1

If this information did not help solve your problem, right-click this message and choose "Copy to Clipboard", then paste this information into an email to support@wolflair.com.

Last edited by Malefic Polyhedon; November 13th, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Malefic Polyhedon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Hi Malefic, are you still having problems with Hero Lab accessing the internet?
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote