Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Malacandra

Old January 8th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Anyone else getting (relatively random) main screen lockups?

From time to time, (can't seem to duplicate it with anything in particular) clicking anywhere in the open HL screen doesn't work. You can load new files from the menu, reload the system, load and run the tactical console, and do just about anything else from a menu, but the main screen itself is unresponsive. It is fixed by exiting and restarting HL.

MacBook Air, lastest Lion.
Malacandra is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
the_great_waldo

Old January 9th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm getting a "Level too high to support psionics!" message on every validation when I'm creating a Wizard 18/Archmage 5 Lich.
the_great_waldo is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
drgabe

Old January 10th, 2012, 05:12 AM
HL on my MacBook is running great! I even used it at the table last week (PFS) to help run my NPC's and everything ran smooth.

Only one issue I've found- I can't seem to get some of the drop down options to work. In Pathfinder Weapon Selection- once I select a weapon it won't 'stay'. I've tried it with a few different characters, none work. Spell Focus's drop down seems to work without an issue though.
drgabe is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Ergon

Old January 11th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Some characters looks funny: in Windows same portfolio looks ok.

1. On the first "jpg", I tested some characters in the name (no problem on Windows with the same name).

2. Some feat descriptions are no perfect: the jpg is about "Brew Fleshcrafting Poison" (see the characters with a "?" in a diamond), same in "Improvised Weapon Mastery" (for character x) or "Country Born" and "Well prepared" (for character “ and ”).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture_d__cran_2012-01-11___15.jpg (40.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg capture_d__cran_2012-01-11___16.jpg (142.4 KB, 8 views)
Ergon is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
UndeadDan

Old January 11th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Have also seen some issues with the drop downs. I have resorted to using up and down arrows and return.
UndeadDan is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 11th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I think I know why I am having trouble with the PFRPG_Curse_of_the_Crimson_Throne_Bestiary.user file. The Windows version has the following on the relevant line:

Code:
<fieldval field="rDescript" value="Its eyes blazing in deathless rage, a phantom floats unfettered by the bonds of the living world. The ghostly horror possesses its own ethereal bonds, though, its semi-transparent, vaguely humanoid figure clenched in the hold of countless crisscrossing chains—writhing and tightening over its vaporous form in unending torture. Several of these chains extend from the ghost’s body, some dangling through the floor or reaching seemingly through the ceiling above, while others pool in spectral lengths"/>
Whereas the mac version has this:

Code:
<fieldval field="rDescript" value="Its eyes blazing in deathless rage, a phantom floats unfettered by the bonds of the living world. The ghostly horror possesses its own ethereal bonds, though, its semi-transparent, vaguely humanoid figure clenched in the hold of countless crisscrossing chains—writhing and tightening over its vaporous form in unending torture. Several of these chains extend from the ghost’s body, some dangling through the floor or reaching seemingly through the ceiling above, while others pool in spectral lengths"/>
Note the escaped characters in the Mac file: "chains—writhing" instead of "chains—writhing", and "ghost’s body" instead of "ghost’s body".

Eliminating the escaped characters allows the file to be compiled successfully.
egg_green is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 12th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
I'm cross-posting this here from the Pathfinder forums, as it appears to be Mac-related:
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
I think I know why I am having trouble with the PFRPG_Curse_of_the_Crimson_Throne_Bestiary.user file. The Windows version has the following on the relevant line:

Code:
Whereas the mac version has this:

Code:
Note the escaped characters in the Mac file: "chains—writhing" instead of "chains—writhing", and "ghost’s body" instead of "ghost’s body".

Eliminating the escaped characters allows the file to be compiled successfully.
Ha! The web page parsed the files! On my mac, they look like this (without the space after the ampersands):
chains& #151;writhing
ghost& #146;s body
egg_green is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Goneril

Old January 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hello,

I've got two quick (and hopefully easy) questions about the Mac beta.

First, what are the system requirements? I don't recall seeing them, but my apologies if I missed them. I want to make sure my late 2006 vintage iMac can run Hero Lab; based off the Windows requirements, it should be, but better safe than sorry in case there was a big change in specs for the Mac version....

Second, I know the Mac version is in beta for all registered users. I use OS X 10.6 exclusively on my iMac. If I buy Hero Lab today, can I use the license code to participate in the beta? If not, and assuming my iMac can run it, I'll gladly wait until release, then buy it.

Thank you,

Goneril
Goneril is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old January 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneril View Post
Hello,

I've got two quick (and hopefully easy) questions about the Mac beta.

First, what are the system requirements? I don't recall seeing them, but my apologies if I missed them. I want to make sure my late 2006 vintage iMac can run Hero Lab; based off the Windows requirements, it should be, but better safe than sorry in case there was a big change in specs for the Mac version....

Second, I know the Mac version is in beta for all registered users. I use OS X 10.6 exclusively on my iMac. If I buy Hero Lab today, can I use the license code to participate in the beta? If not, and assuming my iMac can run it, I'll gladly wait until release, then buy it.

Thank you,

Goneril

I can answer the second. If you buy a license now, since its an open beta (assuming it still is), you can join in. (Its what I did).

I dont know about the min OS X version, hopefully someone else has the answer to that.
mirtos is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Goneril

Old January 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks mirtos. Now, I just have to wait to find out if it'll run on my Core 2 Duo iMac....
Goneril is offline   #80 Reply With Quote