Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

berdman

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
I filled out the information for the beta, and got the page that tells me I have been accepted and the link to download the MAC Beta. When I click on the link I get a 404 error, and I am unable to download the file.
berdman is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Sorry about that - I've updated the page with the correct URL, so give it another try.
Colen is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
berdman

Old March 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks. That fixed it for me.

This is a picky thing, but I am new to Mac (Like days old) and I noticed that the window does not have the double arrow in the to right corner to maximize the window to the desktop.

I am on 27" iMac OS X 10.7.3 Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM.

Everything else looks great, and all my game systems showed up licensed after downloading them.

Thanks for the quick response.
berdman is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:40 PM
That's the "full screen mode" button - we don't support full screen mode yet. You can "zoom" the window to increase the size of it by pressing the green button at the top-left.
Colen is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanak View Post
Quick question. I'm trying to replace a .user file but I can't seem to find where they are for HL on my Mac. I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.3 and searches for .user files have been fruitless.

Thanks for any and all help!
You can also find your user files by going to the Tools menu, Explore Folders, Game System Data Folder.
Colen is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
However, an actual bug. If Im doing something in the editor (for example, variant class), occasionally the modal of the editor freezes, and i cant do anything in it. I can go back to the previous window (the portfolio one, and quit from there, which loses all my changes in the editor).

This has happened to me twice today.

Once when i was selecitng a drop down, and once when i was done and about to test an item. Quitting hero lab entirely is the only way to recover, which means my changes in the editor are lost.

The editor doesnt always fail, but seems to be less reliable today. I just did an update today.
Does the main form still work when this happens to the editor? For example, can you switch tabs, or increase ability scores? What happens if you switch back to the editor and hit the red "close" button?

Is there any sort of common factor for how these happen? For example, is it always after you use a menu, or click on a description, or something similar?

Thanks for your help.
Colen is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixoticparadigm View Post
Anytime I try to create a potion of something, HL freezes and can't click on anything as soon as I add the spell to be made into the potion. I then have to Force Quit HL.
quixotic, are you still running into this problem with the latest update?

If so, do you still get the problem after restarting your computer? What about if you maximize Hero Lab before you try to add the potion?

Thanks for your help.
Colen is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 26th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Does the main form still work when this happens to the editor? For example, can you switch tabs, or increase ability scores? What happens if you switch back to the editor and hit the red "close" button?

Is there any sort of common factor for how these happen? For example, is it always after you use a menu, or click on a description, or something similar?

Thanks for your help.

One time, the main form didnt work at all, and had to do a force quit. Another time, the main form didnt work, but I could quit via the hero lab menu. A third time, the main form worked fine, but the the editor window (even the red "close") was not responsive.

I thought it was when i was doing a menu, as that SEEMED to be the common scenario... but last time it happened was right when i clicked the "test" button. So twice was a menu, and once with a test button.

But I have been able to use the editor about 85-90% of the time with no issues, and i cant easily reduplicate the issue. as a software developer myself, I know how frustrating that is. If I had any more, Id tell you. Sorry.

Ive also since been able to do everything that wouldnt work, so its not like one portion of the editor can always work, and one portion never will. It seems intermittent. My computer didnt have any issues at the time.

Last edited by mirtos; March 26th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
mirtos is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
buzzby

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I posted this in the bug reports, but that may have been the wrong area.

Since the recent update I've been unable to open my main portfolio. I've also tried importing the characters into a new portfolio. Both crash Herolab.

Not sure what I need to be posting to help troubleshoot.

Cheers!
buzzby is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Im not sure if this is a mac bug or a general bug. I usually create class variants, but this time I created a class, using copy. This was done in d20. This was done to create a bad that isnt alignment restricted. All I did was copy the class, remove the alignment restricted, and give them another skill appropriate to my campaign.

It all seemed to work fine. But when I create the character, and select this different class, and click on the class tab, i clicked under special abilities, and it was listed blank for all levels. When i print, it doesnt list them either. But when i go back to my class in the editor, they are clearly there.

I can mail my editted files if needed. If anyone has any thoughts on what i might be doing wrong, let me know.
mirtos is offline   #180 Reply With Quote