Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old November 5th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Hey, look at that there is a play list in the first post in the thread. Sorry, didn't realize you were editing and updating that.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 6th, 2016, 10:15 AM
In his timeline video he cannot figure out how to sort navigation view by date. Anyone else crack that code?
Bidmaron is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old November 6th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Keep seeing questions pop up in social media asking for recommendations on digital tools that Dms can use. Made a video to give new GMs an idea of what can be achieved with Realm Works and Hero Labs.

You can check it out below.

Daplunk's Realm Works and Hero Lab Videos - The Playlist

Realm Works and Hero Labs - GM Tour
Realm Works and Hero Labs - Working with Monsters
Realm Works and Hero Labs - Timelines
Realm Works - Prepping a Module
Realm Works - Creating Worlds
Realm Works - Playing Sound at the Table
Realm Works - Managing Merchants and their Wares

Video's From Other Users - We love videos of Realm Works... Show us your Realm!
Lee Smith - Home Brew world of Lerchanth
Exmortis - Intro I
Exmotis, the missing quote:

Other Links
Realm Works IRC Chat - Use Channel: #realm-works

Videos Not Specifically About Realm Works - But They Can Be Used To Supplement The Realm Works Experience
Hero Lab - D&D 5e Player Tour
What Software Can You Use To Create RPG Maps?
CC3+ / DD3 - How To Create A Basic Dungeon Map
MapTool - Virtual Table Top Software For The Physical Table
If I could I'd give you guys more than a 5 star rating! Perhaps some of you can add the sticky link to your signatures for those who haven't had the pleasure of seeing your hard work Please keep 'em coming, all the videos have been extremely helpful and motivational, thank you all so much!
mazzy is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 7th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Had a tabletop war gaming itch that needed a scratch over the weekend. It led to me entering the entire Frostgrave rule set into Realm Works just to see how well it would work as a digital rule book.

I think this would be bloody handy, especially if I was still playing 40k.

Realm Works and Frostgrave - Does Realm Works Work With Tabletop Wargames?

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 7th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
If I could I'd give you guys more than a 5 star rating! Perhaps some of you can add the sticky link to your signatures for those who haven't had the pleasure of seeing your hard work Please keep 'em coming, all the videos have been extremely helpful and motivational, thank you all so much!
Great idea!

@Daplunk That's so much for adding my video to your initial post, will create and upload more when I get the chance.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old November 12th, 2016, 08:06 AM
I just watched your merchant video. What an easy way to make your life simpler and save a huge amount of time. Thanks for sharing and putting the effort into doing these videos.

I'm still undecided on whether it is better to organize by book like you have done or to just use tags with the book title. I think this would still allow you to sort like you want but might prevent some of the organization confusion that would arise if you just wanted to see "swords" but they were in 5 different books.

Perhaps you do both ways to give maximum flexibility?
Gord is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old November 12th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
New video up tonight guys. Played around with sound and music. This is more of a discussion piece though as I still can't find a way to manage the sound as efficiently as I would like.

Would love to hear suggestions and ideas if anyone is doing something that works!
Your point about not wanting so many clicks to play/repeat sound sets is right on the mark. I had the same problem and like you, came up with no good solution. I seem to remember Rob talking about a new feature coming that would in effect give us storage folders or something like that, for pictures, maps, etc but I don't recall the details (if any) of it. I'm hoping this might also work for what we want and simplify the process. Copying sound or even video files into RW and having to do it in multiple locations, is just going to bog things down and make the data files huge if I'm guessing correctly. Tying it together in one location as you did on your merchant video would be a better way (especially) if the link had a couple of playback control options built in.
Gord is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 12th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I'm still undecided on whether it is better to organize by book like you have done or to just use tags with the book title. I think this would still allow you to sort like you want but might prevent some of the organization confusion that would arise if you just wanted to see "swords" but they were in 5 different books.

Perhaps you do both ways to give maximum flexibility?
I'm always rethinking the way I do things The tag is a great idea and something I was planning on experimenting with. I would love to tag according to a few things.

Monster Type (Fey, Humanoids, Beast, Dragon, etc)
Monster Habitat (Swap, Forest, Mountain, Underdark, etc)

Actually... I might go do that now and see what it looks like.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 12th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Your point about not wanting so many clicks to play/repeat sound sets is right on the mark. I had the same problem and like you, came up with no good solution. I seem to remember Rob talking about a new feature coming that would in effect give us storage folders or something like that, for pictures, maps, etc but I don't recall the details (if any) of it. I'm hoping this might also work for what we want and simplify the process. Copying sound or even video files into RW and having to do it in multiple locations, is just going to bog things down and make the data files huge if I'm guessing correctly. Tying it together in one location as you did on your merchant video would be a better way (especially) if the link had a couple of playback control options built in.
I know right! Sound is the one thing that really doesn't work with the overall layout IMO.

My reasoning here is, I want to play music and soundscapes, but I want to click play and forget about it. Within Realm Works sound plays on a tab. But I'm always moving to different pages.

To be honest, I think it needs an internal media player. Something with buttons in the application toolbar to control play, play on repeat, stop, etc. But playing a sound from within an article should simply send a call to the media player to control that sound. This would enable you to...

Use the Mechanic section to organise and store the music files.
Ensure music files are only copied once into the tool.
Allow links to be made to the sound from articles.
Allow one click playing of sounds from story articles.

It's the one type of link that shouldn't open the page it links to. It needs to just call the music file and send it to the player.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 12th, 2016, 02:12 PM
FYI, we added stuff to support integration of other products a while back. It works great with Syrinscape, but it can be used with other tools, as well. So check out how that stuff operates.

I'd dig it up and explain more, but I'm up to my eyeballs for the big release this week. So I need to get back to that work.
rob is offline   #90 Reply With Quote