Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Spyderbane

Old April 7th, 2022, 11:32 AM
I was adding the variant class for Bards from Ebberon where they can choose a feat (Haunting Melody, Music of Growth, Music of Making, Song of the Heart, or Soothe the Beast) at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, or 18 instead of the Bard feature they would have got. I created a variant class for each level. I set it up in the bonus feat section and I can add bonus feats from the list using "modified bonus fears per level" and adding the correct feats in the "additional bouns feats allowed".

I took the variant at lvl 3 and it works fine but when I take it again at another level it will not allow me to choose a new feat.

How can I set it up to allow a feat to be chosen each time you take one of the variants?
Spyderbane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 7th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbane View Post
I was adding the variant class for Bards from Ebberon where they can choose a feat (Haunting Melody, Music of Growth, Music of Making, Song of the Heart, or Soothe the Beast) at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, or 18 instead of the Bard feature they would have got. I created a variant class for each level. I set it up in the bonus feat section and I can add bonus feats from the list using "modified bonus fears per level" and adding the correct feats in the "additional bouns feats allowed".

I took the variant at lvl 3 and it works fine but when I take it again at another level it will not allow me to choose a new feat.

How can I set it up to allow a feat to be chosen each time you take one of the variants?
It's very difficult to know how to resolve this without seeing what you did. There's no reason that I can think of why one would work and not another if you set them up the same way, but at different levels.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old April 7th, 2022, 01:23 PM
I attached the file for the bard alternate levels. This is from Ebberon Campaign Setting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ebberon Alternate Bard Levels.zip (918 Bytes, 2 views)
Spyderbane is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 9th, 2022, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbane View Post
I attached the file for the bard alternate levels. This is from Ebberon Campaign Setting.
Thanks. For the 6th level version, there are two errors.

First, you are adding a feat in Row 6, which is actually level 7. You need to drop down to Row 5 to add a bonus feat at level 6.

Second, the bonus feats are not cumulative. In order to add a bonus feat at level 6, you must enter "2" instead of "1".

This might work fine if you don't have anything else adding bonus feats. If you do, you may have to use a script. Something like:

hero.childfound[cHelpBrd].field[cBonFtTot].arrayvalue[5] += 1
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old April 11th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks. For the 6th level version, there are two errors.

First, you are adding a feat in Row 6, which is actually level 7. You need to drop down to Row 5 to add a bonus feat at level 6.

Second, the bonus feats are not cumulative. In order to add a bonus feat at level 6, you must enter "2" instead of "1".

This might work fine if you don't have anything else adding bonus feats. If you do, you may have to use a script. Something like:

hero.childfound[cHelpBrd].field[cBonFtTot].arrayvalue[5] += 1
Thanks. It works meow. I'll add this to the community thread.
Spyderbane is offline   #5 Reply With Quote