Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

royalghost

Old May 28th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Quick question folks. HLO App for Android. I put it on one of my tablets a couple months ago when starting a pathfinder game for my kid. Got it from Google Play Store. Now we have a player wanting to use it on their tablet but we can't find it anywhere.

Was it taken down, discontinued or can we still find it somewhere?

Thanks for your time in advance.
royalghost is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 30th, 2023, 12:39 PM
HLO is Hero Lab Online - it's web-based, so it should work fine on any modern browser. HLC is Hero Lab Classic - it's available for PC, Mac, and iPad, but has not ever been available for any other platform.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
LucasVon

Old June 2nd, 2023, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
HLO is Hero Lab Online - it's web-based, so it should work fine on any modern browser. HLC is Hero Lab Classic - it's available for PC, Mac, and iPad, but has not ever been available for any other platform.
Is there any chance that the interface will be adapted for mobile at some point? I saw that one of the "whys" for choosing the HLO model was to include Android users, however since then, 5 years ago, the website is still only made for desktop and tablet. It's usable on Android as a desktop website,sure, but it would still be so much better with a proper mobile interface.
LucasVon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 2nd, 2023, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasVon View Post
Is there any chance that the interface will be adapted for mobile at some point? I saw that one of the "whys" for choosing the HLO model was to include Android users, however since then, 5 years ago, the website is still only made for desktop and tablet. It's usable on Android as a desktop website,sure, but it would still be so much better with a proper mobile interface.
FWIW, I find HLO works fine as a mobile website for both Pathfinders, showing the single column of the current page in Build mode or one of the three columns in Play mode. I prefer to use a Windows tablet because the screen is bigger and shows all three columns in Play mode, but I have played PFS scenarios off of my phone before with no problems.

I know in the past I had a Hero Lab .por viewer on Android. It worked OK, but doesn't appear to work on more recent versions of the OS. I didn't use it much, instead keeping PDFs of my characters in Dropbox so I could look something up and I didn't have my printed copy or a computer.

What kinds of changes would you like to see to improve the mobile view?

Last edited by Parody; June 2nd, 2023 at 10:48 PM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote