Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Javaed

Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
I'm hoping somebody can provide me with a custom feat that makes a weapon count as a Light weapon for feats like Weapon Finesse and Improved Weapon Finesse. I'm specifically looking for Graceful Edge, but any feat that would let me make a specific weapon count as a Light weapon would be appreciated.
Javaed is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Javaed

Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
So I haven't found anything created online and I've only seen one thread where somebody started working on the Graceful Edge feat. I'm going to try creating my own then. Could somebody give me a hand with assigning the Weapon Finesse property to a weapon type?

For now I have the feat selecting from all weapons. I've looked at the Weapon Focus feats to try to figure out how to apply Weapon Finesse to the selected weapon type. Would it be something like this:

foreach pick in hero where "IsWeapon."
perform eachpick.assign[Helper.Finesse]
nexteach
Javaed is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
You've got the right idea. What your code is currently doing is cycling through Every pick (armor, weapon, class abilities, classes, templates, everything), so you'll probably want to narrow that to just weapons at the very least. Also, I think you need a wildcard "?" after IsWeapon or you might get an error.

However, I think you just want to apply the tag to 1 specific chosen weapon. Is that correct?
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
I'm gonna assume you do want the feat to apply to a single chosen weapon, since you stated you looked at Weapon Focus. If you want it to apply to a group of related weapons, that's a different kettle of fish.

Look at the editor at your feat, there should be a section that says "Select From..." and a dropdown. You probably want to set that to all weapons, then give your feat an eval script like this:

Code:
  ~ First, we want to stop if nothing has been chosen
  doneif (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0)

~ Now we want to pull the IsWeapon tag from our selected weapon.
  perform field[fChosen].chosen.pulltags[IsWeapon.?]

~ Now we want to create a string of letters (a string variable) which matches the tag we just pulled. We can name this anything we want, but since we are about to use this in a search expression, we will call it "searchexpr"
  var searchexpr as string
  searchexpr = tagids[IsWeapon.?]

~ Next we want to cycle through all weapons on the hero. If that weapon matches our chosen IsWeapon tag, then apply Helper.Finesse to make that a Finessable weapon
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where searchexpr
    perform eachpick.assign[Helper.Finesse]
    nexteach
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
As always, code is off the top of my head and not tested, so you may have to tweak it. Also, Timing is likely to be very important. I'd run the script sometime in Pre-Levels.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pandect

Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Here is a little bit of code I use to increase the Intimidation circumstance bonus on an Evil NPC when they equip a torture device.
Code:
doneif (this.field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
hero.child[kIntim].field[ModCirc].value += 2
It's applied to the Gear script of the torture device. I think you should be able to do exactly the same thing with your weapon to add the feat.
I just don't know how to assign the weapon finesse feat to a hero yet.
Pandect is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Javaed

Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the help everybody. I apologize for not responding sooner, I was already asleep when ya'll replied =P. I'll give the code you've provided a shot in a few hours.

I do want to apply the effect to a specific selected weapon. Ultimately I want the user to select only from a list of 1-handed slashing weapons, but for now I can live with just selecting any weapon.
Javaed is offline   #7 Reply With Quote