Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

MadCartographer

Old February 17th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Duplicate Categories and Snippet Types

I need duplicates... (see attached pic)

I created a FULL Character Sheet in RW, and I need duplicates of the following items:

Armor
Weapons
Possessions

Magical
Non-Magical

So I know whether the items are magical or not at a glance.

What can be done?

Thanks
Lee
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (213.3 KB, 22 views)
MadCartographer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 17th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Maybe a Workaround - add a blank space(s) for each duplicate or change the description?

Is this a category for player character?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 17th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Would it be ok to have one section named "Equipment" or "Gear" with snippets like "Magical Armor", "Mundane Armor", "Magical Weapons", "Mundane Weapons", etc.?
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:37 PM
It seems I am running into the same problem.

F. ex. in one category I have defined several snippets called "BTL" (Bring To Life), the idea I write one thing into each snippet that makes the character (NPC) special. Such as

"BTL: Stammers when excited."
"BTL: Twirls his mustache with left hand when contemplating something"

I assume I could just hve one such snippet and then add the additional ones when making each NPC - but that seems more work than have 3-4 of these snippets by default and then simply delete empty snippets when I am done.

I have no doubt that there are probably very good reasons programming wise for this change - I guess I just want it all :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 18th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Ignore me please.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 18th, 2017, 03:09 AM
A follow-up by rob related to this thread can be found here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57740

Just in case someone winds up here.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 18th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Vargr, why not just enter a new line and put all of the BTL's in one snippet? Why must they be in separate snippets?
Bidmaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 18th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Hard (and often impossible) to read if you put multiple items in a single snippet.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 18th, 2017, 09:11 AM
I sure don't see why that would be true. That is like saying every sentence should be in its own paragraph.
This is a perfect case of where you would put multiple character descriptors in a single snippet. You probably would never reveal these to players and if you did it would not hurt to reveal them all.
Bidmaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 18th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Well, I could have all info in one snippet, but it could become crowded and I wouldn't be able to reveal just a few.

For BTL this might be acceptable but for Dates it would not be a viable solution.

Farling suggested a simple solution in another thread that I will test when I get back on a pc (using a tablet now).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Vargr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote