Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2019, 08:09 AM
A new 64-bit version of Hero Lab is now available for Open Beta. The new version should eliminate any low memory conditions that some users have run into, notably with large gamesystems and large complex portfolios. Currently this is only a Windows beta - a Mac 64-bit version will follow.

This beta may be installed safely on top of existing 32-bit versions, allowing either version to be used at any time. The gamesystems will automatically re-compile when switching versions, but otherwise they should be able to share data seamlessly.

While this version does not implement any new features, quite a lot of code got changed under the surface so testing in all areas is appreciated. Any issues discovered with the 64-bit beta we would appreciate knowing about - please let us know at our normal support email or in this forum.

UPDATE: The beta version has been updated and the new build is at this location:

https://www.wolflair.com/download/pl...in_install.exe

And this is mirrored at:

https://www.wolflair.com/download/pl...win64_beta.exe

Last edited by DaveM; July 24th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
DaveM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2019, 12:29 PM
The 64-bit beta has been updated with some bug fixes. It is now available at:

DaveM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old May 21st, 2019, 05:50 PM
Does this also include the XSLT 2.0? 'Cause that would be awesome.

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code
manchuwook is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 21st, 2019, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
The 64-bit beta has been updated with some bug fixes. It is now available at:

The installer reports that it 'does not support the version of Windows you are running' ... was support for Windows 7 Professional discontinued?
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old May 21st, 2019, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The installer reports that it 'does not support the version of Windows you are running' ... was support for Windows 7 Professional discontinued?
I get the same message. Also using Windows 7 Professional.
Dwayne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2019, 06:56 AM
Sorry, I must've gotten a parameter wrong in the installer. I've updated the installer so it should now support Win7 correctly - please re-try downloading and installing it.
DaveM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Sorry, I must've gotten a parameter wrong in the installer. I've updated the installer so it should now support Win7 correctly - please re-try downloading and installing it.
That worked.

However, there is now an error message about the license:
"Please Note!

Your installed license is configured for a different version of Hero Lab and cannot be used. You must obtain a new keyfile for the current version. To accomplish this automatically, please go to the 'License' menu and select 'Reactivate License'.

Until your license is properly updated, Hero Lab can only run in demonstration mode. For the current game system, you you will only have access to a limited set of the powers, skills, and abilities available in the licensed version of Hero Lab. You will also be unable to print or save your character. "

And yet, the User Content seems to be accessible with no issues. Printing is not enabled, as it declares it is not allowed in demo mode. It also cannot save a Portfolio.

Last edited by Silveras; May 22nd, 2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Added new error
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:04 AM
As a new version of the application, you will need to re-activate your license. Once you do, those behaviors should go away. It is acting as expected for a mismatched license version number.
DaveM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:28 AM
Yep. Sorry.. I saw that there was no "Reactivate" on the License menu. The 32-bit version prompted to re-activate the license as part of the installation process, so I think that's what threw me off.
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:35 AM
New version installed fine. I do want to mention something I have been meaning to report and I was reminded of it today when I reinstalled Herolab beta. I use Webroot and every time I have to update Herolab Webroot blocks it and reports that Herolab is an untrustworthy program. I have to unblock it and give it permission to always connect to the internet. You may want to contact Webroot and have Herolab on the list as trustworthy.
Dwayne is offline   #10 Reply With Quote