Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old November 3rd, 2019, 09:11 AM
Work has begun on the Death Sphere handbook. I usually follow order of publication (which would put Fate next), but I am making an exception for the following reasons:

1. I am an incurable nerd for necromancers.
2. I've always felt that Death was the sphere most lacking for options in core, and therefore the most in need of a handbook.
3. I am an absolutely irredeemable nerd for necromancers.
4. I've been meaning to add some minion-management options for Death users, similar to what I have done with Enhancement and Conjuration.
5. I am a hopelessly, unrecoverably awful nerd for necromancers.
TheIronGolem is offline   #811 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 3rd, 2019, 04:30 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Ualaa is offline   #812 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old November 4th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Work has begun on the Death Sphere handbook. I usually follow order of publication (which would put Fate next), but I am making an exception for the following reasons:

1. I am an incurable nerd for necromancers.
2. I've always felt that Death was the sphere most lacking for options in core, and therefore the most in need of a handbook.
3. I am an absolutely irredeemable nerd for necromancers.
4. I've been meaning to add some minion-management options for Death users, similar to what I have done with Enhancement and Conjuration.
5. I am a hopelessly, unrecoverably awful nerd for necromancers.
Bit of a Necromancy nerd myself.

In fact after reading through the new Inventors handbook 2 for the Spheres of Might stuff I was able to come up with this

Martial Tradition - Necroengineer

Alchemy Sphere
Leadership Sphere
Technology Sphere
Variable: Select 1 Technology Talent or the Trap Sphere
Drawbacks: Alternate Craft: Craft (Fleshcrafting), Mana Chemistry, Mana Engineering, Alternate Trap: Craft (Fleshcrafting) and Mana Traps. Undead Servants
This gives you a Blacksmith or Sage or Technician or really any Martial class who makes undead and other “devices” from the corpses he collects. Magic but without spellcasting

Kind of opened up whole new options for a Necromancer character if you want a Dr. Frankenstien kind of character or a Castlevania Forgemaster sort of thing.

Gift from one Necro-nerd to another
GreyLurker is offline   #813 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 17th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Updates posted for SoP/SoM core, Destroyer's Handbook, and Diviner's Handbook.

New feature for Death Sphere users: The Death tab now allows you to add reanimated undead minions. Minions added this way receive the benefits of abilities such as Empowered Reanimate, and their total HD count (including modifiers) is tracked against your maximum limit.

I have handed off the Necromancer's Handbook to DDS.
TheIronGolem is offline   #814 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 18th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Necromancer's Handbook is now available!
Hero Lab files only
Hero Lab files plus Necromancer's Handbook PDF (with a bundle discount)
TheIronGolem is offline   #815 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old November 18th, 2019, 11:44 AM
great work as always.

unrelated note: there don't appear to be any Blacksmith Archtypes with the Spheres of Might files
GreyLurker is offline   #816 Reply With Quote
Angvard

Old November 21st, 2019, 07:28 AM
Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm using the Arminger class from SoM, and whenever I try to create a customized weapon, Hero Lab crashes (right after I select the weapon type and hit add). Any idea what the bug is there? As a somewhat related aside, any plans to add the stancemaster archetype for Arminger in the near future?
Angvard is offline   #817 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 23rd, 2019, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angvard View Post
Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm using the Arminger class from SoM, and whenever I try to create a customized weapon, Hero Lab crashes (right after I select the weapon type and hit add). Any idea what the bug is there?
The first thing I would check on is your installed version of Spheres of Might; the current version is 1.9 as of this post. If you're already up to date, I'd like you to attach a .por file where you've been experiencing the problem, and hopefully I can use that to reproduce the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angvard View Post
As a somewhat related aside, any plans to add the stancemaster archetype for Arminger in the near future?
That archetype is from Expanded Options 2, right? I don't have that book on my schedule yet. Currently I'm focused on finishing the magic sphere handbooks. After that, who knows?
TheIronGolem is offline   #818 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old November 23rd, 2019, 06:41 PM
Only 6 to go now
or 8 if you are going to do Blood and Fallen Fey
9 if you do Bear.....are you doing bear?

actually...just occured to me you are going to have to make a bunch of changes once they put out the Unlimited Spheres of Power book aren't you...yicks....busy busy busy
GreyLurker is offline   #819 Reply With Quote
Atlanticgamer

Old November 24th, 2019, 11:22 AM
The Thaumaturge 'pact master' archetype is only adding two pact companions instead of three, is there some way to add in the third?
Atlanticgamer is offline   #820 Reply With Quote