Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Hero Lab 8.9d for the Mac got released today. This fixes a couple of problems that have been reported including:
  1. HLExport now will launch and run correctly
  2. Drag & Drop functionality once again works (also, dragging items like scroll bar knobs)
DaveM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old December 30th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thank you guys. Have a great new year
Tekwych is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old January 1st, 2020, 06:42 AM
Heyas, just a heads-up. Herolabs for Mac trying to use the 5E ruleset and Community Pack.

I keep getting a message that V8.9e is available, and downloading and running it, but when I load the software it says it's still V8.9d.

When I use the software, attempting to add items to a character from dropdown menus or multiple selections causes the software to crash to the desktop approximately 4 times out of 5 attempts, making the software effectively unusable at the moment.

Thanks for all your hard work, will keep an eye here.

-The Gneech
thegneech is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old January 1st, 2020, 02:03 PM
For me, on 10.14.5 (18G95), I download v8.9e, install, re-launch the app to see that updates (v8.9e) are still available (About still shows 8.9d #926
Tekwych is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hendel

Old January 1st, 2020, 03:36 PM
I am having the same issue.

I am trying to download Hero Lab for the Mac (V8.9e) released 30-Dec-2019 and my MacBook Pro is running macOS Catalina.

Every time I download the file it says "The selected update has been successfully downloaded. Would you like to install the new version of the product now"

I select Yes and it goes to the Please Note! message and I select Ok, then the hl89e_mac_install.dmg screen comes up and I select Agree. It loads the file and wants me to drag the Hero Lab icon to the Applications folder like usual to install it. I do that and it asks to Keep Both, Stop, or Replace the existing file and I select Replace. It copies the 58.7 MB file to Applications and then ends.

I open up Hero Lab and it still says that I need to update. It still shows that I have V8.9d #926 loaded.

A fix would be nice!
Hendel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Evil Aardvark

Old January 1st, 2020, 04:30 PM
I'm having the same problem as Hendel.
Evil Aardvark is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old January 2nd, 2020, 07:47 AM
Same here
Meatpuppet is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2020, 08:07 AM
The build numbering issue seems to be a bug with the display of the version number. If you see "8.9d #926" in the About Hero Lab dialog, then you have the correct 8.9e version and do not need to update again, despite it still saying 8.9d.
DaveM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old January 2nd, 2020, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
The build numbering issue seems to be a bug with the display of the version number. If you see "8.9d #926" in the About Hero Lab dialog, then you have the correct 8.9e version and do not need to update again, despite it still saying 8.9d.
That's the version number I see. I guess the constant CTD is a different issue. Should I do a fresh reinstall?
thegneech is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2020, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
That's the version number I see. I guess the constant CTD is a different issue. Should I do a fresh reinstall?
I was just able to reproduce this issue in 5e as well. I am working on a solution to that, and hope to put out a new version that fixes this and the update version issue soon.
DaveM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote