Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old February 11th, 2020, 09:32 PM
So I want to change the figment archetype to achieve two things. First remove the restriction it must remain within 100' of the master and 2nd that it disspears when the master sleeps. Essentially adding the paracosmist arhcetype for summoners to figment familiars. Now the editing/changes are fine but for some reason when I create the new figment archetype they don't validate correctly. If I delete the requirement that it be added to master and familiar then add one to just the familiar its fine. If I include the validation rules they don't seem to recognize each other. Here's the relvant scripts. . .

ID for the master Figment HR is FigHR
ID for the familiar Figment HR is raFigmentHR

Master Validation Rules
Validation Phase Priority 5000 Index 1 Error
Message: You must add this archetype to both the master and the familiar in order to get the full effects.
Summary: You must add this archetype to both the master and the familiar in order to get the full effects.

if (hero.childlives[cArcFamil] <> 0) then
validif (hero.childfound[cArcFamil].minion.tagis[HasAbility.raFigmentHR] <> 0)
endif

~ We aren't sure what Paizo's intentions are Re: Animal archetypes and
~ multiple companions. The below was built assuming that all companions
~ of a hero must share the same animal archetype. Until we get confirmation
~ one way or the other, I'm commenting it out.
~ var compnum as number
~ var match as number

~ if (hero.tagis[CompHas.cArcFMult] <> 0) then
~ foreach pick in hero from MultCompan
~ compnum += 1

~ if (eachpick.minion.tagis[HasAbility.raFigmentHR] <> 0) then
~ match += 1
~ endif
~ nexteach
~ endif

~ validif (compnum = match)

Familiar Validation Rules

Master Validation Rules
Validation Phase Priority 5000 Index 1 Error
Message: You must add this archetype to both the master and the familiar in order to get the full effects.
Summary: You must add this archetype to both the master and the familiar in order to get the full effects.

if (isminion <> 0) then
validif (master.tagis[ClassVary.FigHR] <> 0)
endif
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 12th, 2020, 07:19 AM
Why not just create a second archetype that modifies the existing one? Would make things soo much easier instead of recoding everything from scratch.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old February 12th, 2020, 10:52 AM
I'm not actually changing any mechanics just dialogue text. So I'm not actually creating any new scripting or abilitiies just copy and paste everything over from the existing one that can't be modified as its part of a suppliment (hence why you have the herolab developer information in there), then delete the part in the description dealing with it dissapearing due to sleep and distance. Change the name of the archetype it references save and apply. Or so I thought but the altered ones don't recognize each other. If I delete the validation rules requiring it to be on master and familiar then it works fine but with them it generates an error requiring the archetype be applied to both even though it is.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote