Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LtlBtyRam

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
For me, I've found that my PFS Chronicle sheets money (journal entry) and my actual money (on my actual chronicle sheets) are way off. Either I've added items to my HL Character and checked the 'free' box or something. But I also checked the box in the hero settings - money doesn't have encumbrance (or something along those lines).
I too agree that there should be a much easier way to adjust the money. What if I just gave away 10GP during an adventure? My actual chronicle sheets are the only place to keep track of my actual funds.
But then of course, I'm likely missing something with such a powerful pc management system like Herolab.
I agree keeping track of actual funds is the best way to track them. I would however like to be able to use HL to double check my math for them, but I too have found problems with the math comparison from the program to what I claculate. My question follows. Is there any way to adjust your money so it is correct (other than journal entries as they would look suspect)? This would also be handy if you mess up your buying/selling, especially on high level characters. If there is no way I for one would like to see something put in place.
LtlBtyRam is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I make the journals have the correct amount of money (that which is on the paper sheet) and I keep a running copy of previous money, purchases, and new totals in the notes section of the journal.
risner is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Kal Armathest

Old August 21st, 2022, 09:29 AM
In Gear you can create a Custom Valuable and enter your own description. There you can write "CASH, 1200 GPs" (or whatever), assign the weight and the value. You can buy the custom valuable to remove cash from your "money" from the journal tab when you make it or subtract in the journal tab itself, but either way the new entry it will still show up in the wealth totl. You can place that custom valuable you created anywhere you want, another container, a place you created, or give it to another character or a mount.

It's the only way I can routinely beat the split cash issue in HL.
Kal Armathest is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old September 6th, 2022, 08:17 PM
Just go to the Gear tab, click the Bag icon on "Money" and select "Dropped to ground". That will, of course, drop _all_ the money to the ground and all encumbrance that it carries. Alternately, if you're using the Pathfinder Community tools (http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml) you can also buy actual coins of the proper type, split out what you're carrying on you, and then set the rest to "Dropped to ground" and your actual weight will be there. The only catch to this portion is you have to sell the "coin" gear items to get the money back to buy other gear.

Ideally, you should buy "coins" only for what you carry, then drop the non "coined" money to the ground, that way you have it to spend between sessions but don't have the weight.
Eilserves is offline   #14 Reply With Quote