Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Valdacil

Old February 9th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I'm building a configurable to help calculate Kineticist blast burn cost. You'll be able to choose (limited to picks on hero) the blast, form infusion, substance infusion, metamagic, and whether you gather power (move action or round). At the top of the configurable it will show the calculations and total burn cost.

So I have the ability to choose which blast. And I've limited the form infusion picker to only those infusions associated with the selected blast. Now what I need to solve is if you choose a different blast and the select form infusion is no longer valid, I'd like to clear that field. Is this possible?

Also, if there are no valid selections in the form infusion picker, how do I get it to be unselected? I'm guessing I'm going to have to create a dummy form and substance infusion called "No Infusion" and include that in the usrCandid1 so that it is always a valid selection.
Valdacil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Clearing it is not something you can do, but what you can do is test for whether there's a valid selection before checking what's in it - if there isn't anything valid, go down a different code path that skips that choice, or maybe doesn't create the candidate field for that selector, so the selector gets hidden.

I was wondering - what is this intended to handle that the existing options to turn infusions on and off on the in-play tab doesn't handle? I just looked at my own Kineticist character, and when I click on Cold Blast, at the top of the description text, it says "modified burn cost: 0", and then if I turn on Entangling Infusion, the blast's name changes to Entangling Cold Blast, and the modified burn cost is now 1 (I'm level 6 so I've got infusion specialization 1).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old February 9th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I personally have a kineticist and one of my players has a kineticist in the Mummy's Mask campaign I am running. He constantly says things like, "I'll use a maximized chain thundering lightning blast" and as GM I don't have the time to calculate out the burn cost for that to confirm he is not miscalculating things. To make matters worse, we play Gestalt, so the InPlay tab is full of options. I don't believe the selections on InPlay throw errors if you select more than on form infusion or more than one substance infusion. I solved this a little by renaming all infusions so they sort on the InPlay tab, but the idea of this configurator is to give a tab dedicated to Blasts so high level players (honestly, at level 6 you don't yet have enough options to see why this is needed; I agree I didn't realize this need until higher level) can easily select their choices for blast without sifting through the other unrelated selections that may be on the InPlay tab. Once you have a second element, 2 simple blasts, a composite blast, infusions that work with some blasts but not others, and multiple metamagic choices the need for something to summarize valid combinations will be more apparent.

If I cannot clear the selection, can I make it as invalid (red) if an invalid selection is selected? I'll also use code to check for a valid selection selected and code around not including that cost if it isn't valid, but the visual would he helpful.

Last edited by Valdacil; February 9th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.
Valdacil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old February 9th, 2019, 01:41 PM
The In-Play tab also does not give a way to have those choices populate in the character sheet unless it is the current active choice that is on at the moment.

Sorry for hopping in, but I have always wondered why there isn't a way to have your favorite choices for things like this as there is for spells and Metemagic feats. Is it something that will be available for the Online version, or is it possible at all?
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote