Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2017, 08:23 AM
After updating to Hero Lab 8.2, any attempt to load saved Enemy portfolios for my Iron Gods game fails, though the PCs load fine.

Reverting to 8.1 solves the issue for now.

I've reported it as a Bug.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 7th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Can you provide the error messages?
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old September 7th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Yes, please pop up the error message, I write a lot of custom stuff for my campaign and sometimes encounter a clash of some kind when updating. Easily fixed as a rule but without the message it is impossible to tell.
talsharien is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Not a real helpful one, I'm afraid.

Code:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

An error occurred, and hero 'Neh-Thalggu #1' could not be loaded. Please report this bug to support@wolflair.com, including a copy of the saved portfolio file.
An error occurred, and hero 'Neh-Thalggu #2' could not be loaded. Please report this bug to support@wolflair.com, including a copy of the saved portfolio file.
An error occurred, and hero 'Neh-Thalggu #3' could not be loaded. Please report this bug to support@wolflair.com, including a copy of the saved portfolio file.
An error occurred, and hero 'Neh-Thalggu #4' could not be loaded. Please report this bug to support@wolflair.com, including a copy of the saved portfolio file.
An error occurred, and hero 'Neh-Thalggu #5' could not be loaded. Please report this bug to support@wolflair.com, including a copy of the saved portfolio file.
An error occurred, and hero 'Neh-Thalggu #6' could not be loaded. Please report this bug to support@wolflair.com, including a copy of the saved portfolio file.
Similar errors occur with all the portfolios I have prepared for the Iron Gods game that I tried.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2017, 02:59 PM
You should have gotten an automated reply when you submitted the bug. Could you please reply to that, adding the text of the error message, so that I have that available once I get a chance to get caught up on bug reports this week? I just glanced at the bug reporting system, and I don't see enough detail to start working from in that case.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2017, 03:17 PM
I'm on the other machine but I sent an E-mail to support with the case number in the subject; I included the error and a copy of an affected portfolio.

I suspect it has to do with using the Encounter Library, but I have a game to run Sunday and am not inclined to experiment.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for your bug report! I've just released Hero Lab V8.2a, which should fix this issue - could you please grab it and make sure it does? (If it doesn't work, you can revert back to HL 8.1.)

The problem was occurring when you imported a file from the encounter library, saved the file, then reloaded the file - I added some error checks and inadvertently triggered an error in this situation. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks! That did indeed fix the problem.

I have a six-player group that was allowed a robust build base, so I have to buff the Encounters from the ones in the Library. I do that well in advance of the session, so Load From Library > Buff Encounter > Save as Portfolio is SOP for my game.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #8 Reply With Quote