Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old September 29th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I am shocked, saddened, and angry. (FYI before you slam me for that there is nothing wrong with feeling all that including anger.)
All three of these work for me as well. While RW isn't quite dead - it's still available, the servers are up and running for syncing, etc - and I'm super glad of that, I am an Alpha Wolf backer who doesn't believe he got his $250 worth. Based on my experiences with Hero Lab (Classic) over the years I thought this was a good investment. Guess I learned my lesson.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old September 29th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
the servers are up and running for syncing, etc - and I'm super glad of that, I am an Alpha Wolf backer who doesn't believe he got his $250 worth. Based on my experiences with Hero Lab (Classic) over the years I thought this was a good investment. Guess I learned my lesson.
That brings up an interesting question. Will the servers remain up? If so, how long? Will we be charged for it?

As a fellow investor I question what that too but at least the program as is has a lot of value. Kickstarter is a risk. You have decide if the gamble is worth the risk.
ruhar is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 29th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Rob said in the update that the servers will remain up. FWIW, my understanding is that nothing is going away - there's just not going to be anything new.

As to what they'll charge for server access... who knows? The lifetime 'top tier' server access with no charge was my primary reason for pledging at that level.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old September 29th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Rob said in the update that the servers will remain up. FWIW, my understanding is that nothing is going away - there's just not going to be anything new.

As to what they'll charge for server access... who knows? The lifetime 'top tier' server access with no charge was my primary reason for pledging at that level.
Since they aren't going to support RW I hope they will consider a lower subscription rate.
ruhar is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 29th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Since they aren't going to support RW I hope they will consider a lower subscription rate.
The subscription rate is to keep the servers powered on.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 30th, 2019, 03:51 AM
I have to say that this is truly saddening. I am one of the original beta testers for RW and to see it no longer being produced, is maddening and saddening. I lived for touting this piece of software to my friends and family. But I do agree in that the software and it's potential is just not "there" yet compared to where it should be at this time.

I have been using it for such a long time and will continue to do so for as long as I can. I would hate to see this be no longer supported to allow it's users to no longer use it at all. I am glad that I can still enter data into it.. but it makes me nervous that I might not be able to in the future.. I hope that this is not ever going to be the case at all?
Nikmal is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 30th, 2019, 04:12 AM
wow I just blew over 100$ with exchange when content market was released.....Now I feel like a sucker, I hoped that my purchased would feed the beast and show value, now i feel like the sucker, I paid a fair chunk of money for a shelved product. Release, money grab, and run. May not have been intent, but it sure feels like it on the other side of the fence.

With out any hope of refund.

OH yeah feeling like supporting HLO now.

/sigh I guess I should have known better.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 30th, 2019, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I paid a fair chunk of money for a shelved product. Release, money grab, and run. May not have been intent, but it sure feels like it on the other side of the fence.
You still GET the content though.. it is not going to go away. So you will be able to use said content like you would any data that you enter yourself. So the value is still there. They just aren't producing more for RW is all. So I would not say that you "blew" the money.. because it is still your content that you can use.
Nikmal is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 30th, 2019, 05:09 AM
there is still the possibility that they will reanimate the project at a later stage, when the business model works better again?

Who knows, maybe they will sell it, Iam sure that you can earn a lot from this tool by implemententing lets say top 10 of the requsted features. Calendar, web and some player functionality sure would help in sales. anyways, I will also continue to work with RW. Win 10 is there, Ill be able to do a bare bones export in the worst case...

Still crossing the fingers that eventually Lwd or someone else will pickup RW.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old September 30th, 2019, 10:05 AM
That's a very big bummer. My hope was that we'd get the opportunity to export to web at some point.

It's pretty much the only reason I backed as a beta user way back in the Kickstarter.

Oh well, at least I can use it as a rules manager for my game.

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #30 Reply With Quote