Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mergon

Old February 2nd, 2016, 02:26 PM
Hi all:

I've been working on adding stuff to 5e SRD.

1) I was wondering if anyone had discovered where or how to access a hero's proficiency bonus.

2) I have manage to create an adjustment that will allow you to add a bonus feat, but only as a class feat. Anyone know if there is a field for adding generic bonus feats?

Anyone else find the current method used to add traits to Backgrounds very cumbersome? having to add each option for traits, bonds, ideals, & flaws entry by entry takes forever. Wouldn't it be easier to have an array when adding traits, or one of the others, to a Background. Then enter each line into the array?

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 2nd, 2016, 08:11 PM
1) #profbonus[]
It's not available until the Post Levels phase, obviously.

2) As far as I understand it, there is no such thing as "free floating" feat slots. You either replace attribute increases with them, or they are bootstrapped by something else like a race or class ability.

You could do this as a house rule, by setting up a configurable with a bonus feat table that got x number of slots per whatever. Either bootstrap the configurable to a Mechanic, or bootstrap it to an adjustment if you only want it on some characters and not others.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:00 AM
I am trying to create the variant human and allow a house rule if I want to hand out a free feat.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Elindor

Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:01 AM
I'm about 90% of the way to building in everything I need to build in for the PCs (and the 2 lower leveled GMPCs who are ostensibly there to provide a couple of key skills no-one in the group took).

The only spot I'm having difficulty is the Human Variant Racial Feat. I want to be able to have the player select from a list and that will add the feat. So, I have a racial special ability set up for this, and the Item Selection has the custom expression
Code:
component.BaseFeat & !fCategory.AttrImprov
What I am missing (and unable to find a code snippet to steal... er, borrow) is an eval script which will let me add that feat to the character.

While I do have a fallback position planned (a subrace for each feat in play to bring the feat in), I would prefer the more elegant solution of the list described above.
Elindor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:39 AM
An eval script cannot add a pick to the hero, because eval scripts are re-evaluated every time you change something on the hero. If we enabled them to add stuff, one of that stuff would be added every time you did anything on your character. That would quickly get out of hand, as I am sure you'd imagine.

Easy Solution: You could pull a DescInfo tag from the selected feat so that it's information was shown on the racial special

Harder Solution: You could use the selection to set the candidate expression for one of the bonus feat tables on a bootstrapped configurable, or you could just bootstrap the configurable directly with a candidate expression set and forgoe the racial special entirely.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maikera

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:19 PM
Guys, i have none experience with item creation and codes, where can i find any guid for beginers and some examples ?

Please, help !!
Maikera is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Elindor

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Ok, my solution - under Human (Variant) have a subrace for each feat, and bootstrap the feat there. Has the advantage that I can hook the feat description in the subrace description, and pull in the code on the feats. Still need to tie in the prerequisites, but I've got all the moving parts I need for this weekend's session.

Now, if only my players would send me their current spell lists like I asked them to...
Elindor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikera View Post
Guys, i have none experience with item creation and codes, where can i find any guid for beginers and some examples ?

Please, help !!
In the editor, the help menu will lead you to several tutorials to start you off. We also have a youtube channel with some seminars from past GenCons, but those are focused on Pathfinder. Many of the concepts are similar though.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote