Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jaydarkson

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:39 PM
So I was inputting some notes into my Realm and when I saved the notes, Realm Works recognized the name of an NPC and asked if I wanted to link it. I clicked yes (because this is an awesome feature), and the program crashed. Now every time I try to open Realm Works it opens up in the User Notes to that entry and the program automatically crashes. Is there a way around this? Can I salvage my Realm? Is this a known issue?
jaydarkson is offline   #1
Dakadin

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I am not sure how you would get around the crashing since it is happening at start up but there are backups that it seems to do automatically in a Realm Works folder in your user document directory. You might try starting a different realm to see if that lets you get into Realm Works to do the restore also.
Dakadin is offline   #2
jaydarkson

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
I am not sure how you would get around the crashing since it is happening at start up but there are backups that it seems to do automatically in a Realm Works folder in your user document directory. You might try starting a different realm to see if that lets you get into Realm Works to do the restore also.
So I tried to access my other realm, then log out and try opening up the bugged realm. I was able to get into the other realm and there were no issues so that meant that the one realm was "bugged" or "corrupted" and it was an isolated issue.

The next thing I tried was when the support menu came up to send an error report to Lone Wolf, I selected to download the report. After saving the report, a menu popped up behind it showing a "yes" or "no" option but no details on what it was. I realized this was the auto-link feature asking if I want to link the NPC again. After selecting "yes" and experiencing the same issue, I tried "no" and the problem went away. I can access my realm again and nothing is bugged.
jaydarkson is offline   #3
Dakadin

Old August 19th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Very cool. That's great news that you got it working again.
Dakadin is offline   #4
Dr_Automaton

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I had a similar issue when copy-pasting data into the journal. The first two entries were fine, but RW detected links in the third and crashed after autolinking and saving the record. The autolinked journal entry was left as the starting tab, which resulted in the program crashing every time I opened the realm. I had to open another realm and restore an autobackup to fix the issue. Out of fear of corrupting my data, I haven't attempted to use the journal feature since.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #5
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:09 AM
There is a known issue with journal and notes that we have identified and fixed. We are planning on doing a bug fix release probably on Thursday that will have this in there.
davidp is offline   #6