Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hobbun

Old June 1st, 2012, 03:22 PM
I just purchased HL and am transferring over my Pathfinder character. We are using the Vigor/Wounds system in our campaign.

For whatever reason, it is not figuring out my vigor points correctly. I am 6th level, and with the exception of 1st level (where it's max), my DM does max-2 for each level, with Con modifier.

I have a +1 Con modifier, but for whatever reason, it is only giving me 26 vigor points. 6 for first level and 4 the remaining 5 levels. It doesn't seem to be adding in my Con modifier for some reason.

Is it something that will update eventually when I finish character creation? Or is there a bug in the system?
Hobbun is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hobbun

Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Anyone able to help?
Hobbun is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
It seems to be working correctly, since Con bonuses don't apply to your vigor points according to Ultimate combat pg 206 "Creatures with one or more full Hit Dice or levels gain vigor points. With each level gained or each Hit Die a creature has, it gains a number of vigor points based on its Hit Die type. Use the creature’s Hit Dice to generate its vigor points, just like you would hit points, but without adding the creature’s Constitution modifier."
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hobbun

Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wow, clear as day, it's right there. Will need to show it to my DM. We will need to think about using that from now on.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hobbun; June 3rd, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Hobbun is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
No problem at all. Sorry for getting you an answer so late. Friday was a pretty busy day for me, and I don't normally work Saturdays/Sundays.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Hobbun

Old June 4th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Oh, not a problem at all. We weren’t scheduled to play again soon.

Spoke to my DM though, he says he will probably go back to the old system of hit points, but wants to talk to everyone when we game again and see what they want.

But he doesn’t like that someone with a high Con does not receive a bonus on hit (vigor) points. He feels that even with higher wounds, you are still losing too much at higher levels.

However, this is going off topic of the forum. Thanks again for your help.
Hobbun is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
James136

Old December 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
How should the vigor be calculated for monsters as HL appears to be adding CON modifier for example I have just created a stone giant and it is showing 12d8 for 54 points of vigor then +60 (+5 con mod per HD) for a total vigor of 114.

Having read UC I assumed this should just be the HD with no CON mod

Regards James
James136 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 8th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Why don't you report this to our bug system, and I will look into it, since I have Bugs this week.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote