Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Smittyman

Old October 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to get Tokenlab working on my Mac and I cannot seem to get it to run correctly. I can get the program to launch and I go through all the steps to configure a character, but when I try to export it I get the following:

Something bad happened:java.lang.NullPointerException

I've tried running the program in a Windows 7 VM under Parallels on my Mac as well, and I get the same thing. So no matter what OS I seem to use I cannot seem to get this program to export. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mike
Smittyman is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
sozin

Old October 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hey Mike!

Can you email me the Herolab .por file from which you created the .xml output? sozinsky at gmail dot com ; this will help me debug the issue.

Cheers
sozin is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old June 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Just began experimenting with this earlier this week. VERY cool. This is going to make my life a lot simpler. Nice job!

I do have a couple of questions, though.

1) My exported tokens don't have buttons for doing melee or ranged touch attacks. Is there some way to make Hero Lab include those? Caster type characters need to use those pretty often.

2) Is there someplace in the token that I can see the character's ability scores? If, for example, I need to know what the character's CON modifier is for purposes of making a stabilization check to stop bleeding out. I found the macro labeled "abil", and the source code makes it look like it ought to do this, but clicking it just makes the character portrait appear in the chat log with no text.

3) Spells are wonky. I have a witch character -- clicking a spell level on the token causes the error "Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get"." to appear in the chat window. In a druid character, the spells open fine, but they're all set to zero uses. Wizard character, same as the druid. Spontaneous casters like sorcerers seem to work fine.

4) I'm on Maptool 1.3b87. Should I upgrade to 1.3b89?

5) Oh, and this is more of a suggestion than a question. The single most commonly used skill in the game is Perception, right? It would be nice if that one skill had a different color button than the other skills, maybe magenta background or something to make it stand out.

Again, this is an awesome thing which is going to make my life so, SO much easier. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: I wanted a proper icon for Tokenlab, so I made one. Here is the SVG version:

http://meliogeny.net/tokenlab.svg

And here is an ICO version:

http://meliogeny.net/tokenlab.ico

The ICO contains multiple resolutions. Your web browser will choose 16x16 because that's the size generally used for "favicons" in web sites. But if you download it to your desktop, Windows will choose the correct size to show you a desktop style icon.

I used some public domain stock for various elements in it:

http://openclipart.org/detail/22109/gear-by-steren -- the gear

http://openclipart.org/detail/172920...naltyro-172920 -- the beaker

The triangle is just a triangle with a gradient built in.

Last edited by wdmartin; June 15th, 2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Ading new material.
wdmartin is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
sozin

Old June 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. Love the icon, I will incorporate it into the next build.

>>I'm on Maptool 1.3b87

It is fine with 1.3b87.

>>My exported tokens don't have buttons for doing melee or ranged touch attacks.
>>Is there some way to make Hero Lab include those?

Good feature! Should be easy to add.

>> Spells are wonky.

I'll look into it. In the meantime, can you send me the herolab .por file for the witch you are using so I can add it to my test suite? sozinsky at gmail dot com

I suspect one issue is my spell list is incomplete. I have a cached set of spells grabbed from pfsrd - I probably need to refresh it. The instance counts being wrong sounds like a straight up bug.

Thank you!
sozin is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Ran my first game since adding TokenLab last night, and it was extremely helpful.

I did run into a couple of things, though:

1) The chat log behaved oddly. Specifically, sometimes the output of clicking a button would be visible only to the person who clicked the button. If I did it, I would see the result, but my player would not. If my player did it, she would see the result, but I wouldn't.

Furthermore, this wasn't consistent across tokens. On SOME tokens, either of us could click the button and both would see the output. On others, output was only visible to the person who clicked. Very odd. I may crack open the tokens later and see if I can figure it out.

2) Still wishing there were some way to see the character's basic ability scores. There were several constitution checks and a dexterity check last night -- I don't need buttons for those, but it'd be nice not to have to switch back to Hero Lab just to find out the requisite ability score.

Other than that, it helped SOOOO much. Hero Lab and MapTool are both pretty cool programs -- but adding the connection between the two makes both exponentially better.
wdmartin is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old August 4th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I think something in XML produced by HL 5.3 makes TokenLab freak out. When I was GM'ing this weekend and needed to produce a quick token for a Giant Leech, it said the following:

I have attached the .por file that generated this error. It's just a stock giant leech, not customized in any way.

I got the same error when trying to export tokens for other things -- anything I created this weekend didn't work, while old XML files generated in the past work fine.

What other debug info can I supply? Let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: png error.png (25.4 KB, 62 views)
Attached Files
File Type: email Giant-Leech.por (43.4 KB, 0 views)
wdmartin is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
sozin

Old September 7th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Hello, my apologies for the late reply. It's probably due to the latest upgrade to Herolab. I'll have look now.

Just as a heads up, I'm (officially) putting Tokenlab into a feature freeze - I've migrated on to roll20. I will try to fix bugs though on a selective basis - macro debugging in MapTools is simply the effing worst, and I'd rather leave minor bugs in Tokenlab then spend another minute debugging the goddam things :-)
sozin is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
sozin

Old September 8th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Ok, I've upgraded to the latest version of Herolab and patched TokenLab to support it. Thanks Corcoran for helping me test it.

- jar file download (dropbox)
- full zip solution

Cheers.
sozin is offline   #38 Reply With Quote