Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Torvar

Old July 9th, 2023, 10:21 PM
It seems as if Foundry will no longer allow HLO to upload characters anymore but they are currently pushing for something called, Pathmuncher a much lesser version of HLO. I've dumped a lot of time and money into HLO. More so than Foundry. So I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to use HLO with Foundry. Dose anyone know if or when HLO will be accepted by Foundry?
Torvar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 9th, 2023, 11:39 PM
This is the Classic forum, not HLO.
In any case, that would be a question for Foundry to answer... they would have to allow upload or provide an importer. If there was an importer before, it's odd that they would remove that option.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 10th, 2023, 05:45 AM
Foundry VTT importers are generally written by other Foundry users. If there's one that isn't working in a newer version of Foundry you should ask the folks who wrote the importer about it through their project page or Foundry contact info.

(Pathmuncher, by the way, is an importer for characters made with Pathbuilder2e.)

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
skald1

Old August 3rd, 2023, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvar View Post
It seems as if Foundry will no longer allow HLO to upload characters anymore but they are currently pushing for something called, Pathmuncher a much lesser version of HLO. I've dumped a lot of time and money into HLO. More so than Foundry. So I don't feel like I should have to jump through hoops to use HLO with Foundry. Dose anyone know if or when HLO will be accepted by Foundry?
Apologies for responding HLO questions in the Classic forum.

The Foundry module for HLO was indeed developed by a third party. Their reason for no longer developing it was Foundry's move to a more robust character creation system that effectively deprecated the module until it was no longer viable.

Again, my apologies.
skald1 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old August 3rd, 2023, 02:57 PM
Yeah the importer was made by someone from pathfinder society. Also pathmuncher has all the same problems. The best solution is for the character builders to create a good implementation on their own.

Currently rebuilding all PFS characters...
haibane is offline   #5 Reply With Quote