Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

KLewis

Old February 19th, 2021, 06:36 AM
I have the Patron Service, but I don't know how to give my players access to my content so they can start creating characters. I'm sure there is an answer to this question somewhere on the support page, but I can't find it. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I have figured it out! Now my question is: what kind of account do my players need to create in order to join my campaign and use my resources? I thought I read somewhere that Demo Accounts CANNOT join a Patron Campaign, but I can't seem to find that information again. Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by KLewis; February 19th, 2021 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Found out the answer to my question, but now I have a follow-up question.
KLewis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 19th, 2021, 07:33 AM
The Tips & Insights articles on the info wiki can explain it: https://info.wolflair.com/xwiki/bin/...0Lab%20Online/

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
KLewis

Old February 19th, 2021, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the link, that cleared up both of my questions. Players must purchase the Apprentice Service in order to participate in my campaign. Ready to rock!
KLewis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Steel_Wind

Old April 2nd, 2021, 03:40 PM
The degree of confusion with which this is handled by HLO is extreme and it engenders customer rage.

Frankly, you guys are doing a piss poor job of making any of this clear. I have flogged and publicized your products to thousands via podcast in the past - but you really have handled this poorly.
Steel_Wind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 4th, 2021, 08:45 AM
And the strange pricing scheme, where it looks like Apprentice is half the price of Standard, until you notice that Apprentice is only 4 months vs 6 months for Standard!

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wrs92103

Old May 8th, 2021, 12:54 PM
My family has used Hero Labs (Classic), off and on, for years. We are now making the jump to HLO. I was profoundly confused as to which account I should buy, and it was only by finding this entry in the glossary:
Account Level
Type of Hero Lab Online user account that governs what access is granted to campaigns and content, with the values:

Standard - Allows purchase of game systems and content for personal use and participation within campaigns using content sharing
Patron - Same as Standard plus allows content sharing to be enabled within campaigns owned by the user
Apprentice - Has no access to self-purchased content but allows participation as a player within campaigns providing shared content
Demo - Grants access to limited subset of capabilities and content suitable for taking the product for a test drive when considering purchase
that things made sense. I recommend a, "Which account is right for me?" page. Or merge this info into the current account selection blurb.

As an aside, the current blurb (https://www.wolflair.com/hlo/) talks about what each account has, but not what it lacks. I couldn't tell the accounts apart and thus was very confused about which to buy.
wrs92103 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote