Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old January 14th, 2021, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
What exactly are you trying to do? Create a language that anyone can take or allow all characters to be able to take any language? Or is it something else?
I think he wants to make it so any race can start with any language rather than having a select list. He would have to apply the tag to every character he made.

The easiest I can figure to do this is to make an adjustment. Just call it "All Languages" or something. Set script to Pre-Levels and use this code:
Code:
perform hero.assign[Language.All]
Just make sure to put this adjustment on new characters.
Illyahr is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old January 15th, 2021, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
I think he wants to make it so any race can start with any language rather than having a select list. He would have to apply the tag to every character he made.

The easiest I can figure to do this is to make an adjustment. Just call it "All Languages" or something. Set script to Pre-Levels and use this code:
Code:
perform hero.assign[Language.All]
Just make sure to put this adjustment on new characters.
Yeah, well, that's what I wanted and this is the level of "I don't know the actual coding" I'm in.

Thank you, anyway. I just adjusted the tag to Language.Any, otherwise it worked pretty well.

Maybe a little too well if at some point in the future it becomes an issue, because it worked so well that I did'n actually had to mark the Condition for it to work for every single character, but this isn't likely to bother me ever.
Monteparnas is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 15th, 2021, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
Yeah, well, that's what I wanted and this is the level of "I don't know the actual coding" I'm in.

Thank you, anyway. I just adjusted the tag to Language.Any, otherwise it worked pretty well.

Maybe a little too well if at some point in the future it becomes an issue, because it worked so well that I did'n actually had to mark the Condition for it to work for every single character, but this isn't likely to bother me ever.
If you take a look at the scripts on other adjustments you'll see lines of code at the top that start with "doneif". These lines of code prevent anything below it from running if the adjustment isn't selected. Something to look for perhaps.
Sendric is offline   #13 Reply With Quote