Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

NomadSage

Old April 2nd, 2020, 10:40 AM
Can anyone describe exactly what the Gamemastery Guide add on does for building / editing monsters? I really (I mean *really*) need a good builder tool for PF2.

I'm interested in getting the HLO but I can't find any details about how it works... videos, reviews, anything. The description on the product page is not helpful. I'm wary of dropping $50 on the licences without a better understanding of what I'm buying.

Can anyone help me out here?
NomadSage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old April 3rd, 2020, 04:39 AM
It allows you to build monsters/NPC's from scratch using the GmG rules. It also allows you to edit most aspects of monsters and NPC's.

It also has support for Hazards.

From what I can see, all of the NPC's from GM guide are in their and core Hazards. Add on the Bestiary and you will get all of the monsters from there as well.

All in all, it is a great resource for a GM.
talsharien is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
NomadSage

Old April 3rd, 2020, 04:59 PM
Awesome, thank you! Does the interface work like the character builder?
NomadSage is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FluffyDingo

Old April 6th, 2020, 03:49 PM
It uses the same style interface! By selecting Custom NPC as the Ancestry, you are basically presented with a blank slate with which to work. After setting the creature's level, you can specify the rating of each statistic based upon the tables located in the GMG (Extreme, High, Moderate, or Low for AC for example), which will display the recommended value for that rating and level, and allow you to adjust beyond the default.

Here you can you can also add abilities to your creature, broken down into tables by type of ability (Communication, Immunities, Resistances, Spellcasting Options, Offensive, etc.), which you also have the freedom to specify things like DC, uses/period, range, etc. In addition to having access to adding any abilities from creatures in supplements you have access to, you can also add your own custom abilities to the creature.

All this applies to existing races as well, so if you want to customize an existing race if just loads its default values and you're free to manipulate it from there. I've attached a screenshot of the interface with an Eagle loaded, to give you a look.

All in all it's pretty robust, and has a huge range of flexibility and streamlining for creating your own creatures. And as Talsharien said, it also supports the creation/customization of hazards for your less (physically) monstrous encounters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NPC Customization.jpg (471.1 KB, 14 views)
FluffyDingo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
NomadSage

Old April 7th, 2020, 06:24 AM
That's perfect! Thank you very much!
NomadSage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote